Peek-a-Boo Valentine’s Day Cupcakes
I love to bake and one of my favorite things to bake is the cupcake! Whether it’s chocolate, strawberry, vanilla or lemon, I love decorating and eating cupcakes! With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to create a festive cupcake. Let me introduce you to the Peek-a-Boo Valentine’s Day Cupcake.
I love the Peek-a-Boo Valentine’s Day Cupcake because it looks like the little monster is peeking his eyes up over the cupcake wrapper. It’s fun and easy to make. Plus, your kids will have a blast helping out!
What You Need:
- Valentine’s Day themed baking cups
- Wilton decorating icing (or any white or vanilla frosting that can be colored)
- Wilton food coloring in Rose
- Candy eyes
- Valentine’s Day picks with hearts (or other picks you like)
- Wilton Tip #4B
- Reusable Decorating Bags
1 – Before decorating, make sure your cupcakes are cool.
2 – Add in Rose Food Coloring using a butter knife or toothpick until you get the desired pink frosting you want. Wash the knife or use a new toothpick each time you dip in the food coloring.
3 – Place coupler and Tip #4B in the decorating bag.
4 – Fill decorating bag with pink icing.
5 – Start squeezing icing at the base of the cupcake and pull in an upward motion. This will make the hair for your Valentine’s Day monster cupcake.
6 – Once the cupcake is filled with icing, add the candy eyes and the Valentine’s Day picks.
The Peek-a-Boo Valentine’s Day Cupcakes are a lot of fun to make and eat! Plus, your kids will want to get in on the decorating action! Enjoy your cupcakes! Happy Valentine’s Day!
For more great Valentine’s Day related content, be sure to check out these awesome posts written by my fellow Chosen Chix bloggers:
- Alternate Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day by November Sunflower
- Cheap Date Ideas for Valentine’s Day by Philzendia
- Romantic Getaways for Valentine’s Day Weekend by Happy Healthy Hip
- 7 Inexpensive Ways To Make Valentine’s Day Special by Family Review Guide
- Sexy Lingerie for Valentine’s Day by Afropolitan Mom
- NYC Valentine’s Day Chocolate Guide by The NYC Talon