5 Tips for a Fun Family Game Night
In our family, we love to play games! Board games hold a special place in my heart because I remember playing them with my parents and grandparents. We recently teamed up with Spin Master Games and played Hedbanz together. Oh my gosh, it is so much fun! The kids laughed and cheered and had a blast guessing what was on their card!
When I opened up the Hedbanz game, I found a variety of items in the box. I love that the Headbands were easy to put together and our kids were able to help put them together quickly and without frustration. The game came with 72 Cartoon Cards, 24 Scoring Chips, 6 Headbands, Timer and a Rule Sheet. I purchased the game at Walmart, but you can also find it at Kmart, Target, Toys’R’Us and on Amazon. Are you looking to have a fun family game night? Here are 5 tips for a fun family game night.
5 Tips for a Fun Family Game Night
- Choose a game that everyone can play together. In our family, we have kids from the age of 7 to 14. So when we choose games, we choose ones that everyone can play together. The games from Spin Master are great options!
- Take turns choosing a game to play. Our kids love to select a game for them all to play together. We let them take turns choosing a game that we can all play.
- Play the games in teams. Our kids, especially the younger ones, love to play games in teams. If choosing a team is a challenge, have the kids draw names out of a bowl so they are randomly assigned as a team.
- Have snacks and drinks ready. Believe it or not, not having snacks on hand during a game can affect the mood of the game. When kids get hungry, they become more sensitive and sometimes moody. Plus, playing games just make us hungry, so feed that hunger with some yummy snacks!
- Take pictures! Not only is it fun to share your pictures with family and friends on your social media channels, but the kids love to see pictures of themselves having a great time as well. These would be great in a photo book for each child at the end of the year as well – letting them relive those special memories they had with their family on Family Game Nights!
As I mentioned earlier, we loved Hedbanz! Hedbanz is the quick question game of “what am I?” You never know what you are until you start asking! Figure out if the cartoon on your head is an animal, food or man-made object. Be the first player to guess what you are and win! Headbanz – the game where everybody knows but you!
Other Spin Master Games I found at the store were Quelf and Would You Rather. These looked like a blast to play with the family! Hedbanz and Would You Rather are great for families with kids 8 and up. Quelf is great for families with kids 12 and up.
Quelf is the multi-award winning game that gives random a new name! Use your creativity and imagination to answer crazy questions and perform ridiculous stunts. There’s only one rule – OBEY THE CARD! If a player obeys their card they get to move ahead! You’ll laugh until you cry with this outrageous, unpredictable, and fun filled party game. Be the first person to cross the finish line and you win! Enjoy a non-stop hilarious adventure with Quelf!
Would You Rather
Would You Rather is the zany game of deranged dilemmas and difficult choices. Discuss, debate and laugh your way to the finish in the ultimate ice-breaking party game as you ask: Would You Rather have to wear a tuxedo made of taxidermied squirrels or a swimsuit made of live starfish? Would You Rather asks you and your friends bizarre, imaginative, hilarious and occasionally disgusting questions.
What game would your family love to play?