Our Wedding: We’re Getting Married on a Carnival Cruise!
Can you believe that in a little less than 11 months, Frank and I will be getting married? Not too long ago, it was 14 months until the wedding! Time is flying by – yay!!! I can’t wait to marry the love of my life – one of the best men I know. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it before here on my blog, but we are getting married on the Carnival Miracle in February 2015.
Frank and I have been on two cruises together and are actually going on our next one this coming May. We love to travel and especially love cruising. Before he asked me to be his wife, we had tossed around the idea of getting married on a cruise. Well, guess what? We are getting married on the Carnival Miracle! I am so excited!
Our wedding will be an intimate event. Even though we chose the biggest package possible, we are still only able to have a maximum of 50 non-sailing guests (the number of sailing guests is unlimited). Our package started at $1,975 (not including taxes, fees and cost of honeymoon cruise), which you need to pay in full in order to reserve your date on the ship you want. If you book a Carnival wedding, you will also need to pay a minimum deposit of $500 towards your sailing. Keep in mind that Carnival only has 2 weddings for any given date. Having this knowledge, I wanted to book our date and have a “date” as soon as possible. I am happy to say that we do have a date – February 28, 2015!!!
Getting married on a cruise is going to be awesome! Not only do we pretty much have everything taken care of (other than paying the bill and minimizing our guest list), but we’ll be going on our honeymoon immediately following – to the Mexican Riviera! I love that I don’t have to contact multiple vendors for things such as catering, music, cake, seat covers, etc.
Frank and I chose the “Time to Celebrate…..Big!!!” Package. The wedding ceremony is set to last about 20-30 minutes (depending on the ceremony we choose and anything we might add in). Following will be some quick pictures and then an hour and a half long reception to celebrate! There will even be an ice carving of interlocking hearts! Cool, right? Don’t worry, there will be plenty of pictures to share afterwards.
Our package includes the following items:
– Personal Wedding Planner to guide you prior to your wedding day
– Priority VIP check-in and boarding for the bride, groom and guests
– Secluded waiting area at check-in
– Private wedding ceremony location
– Ceremony performed by a wedding officiant (non-denominational official/minister or notary public)
– Assistance by a wedding coordinator to escort wedding couple to their stateroom upon clearance and oversee guest needs during their wedding ceremony
– A beautiful setting – aisle runner, columns and silk floral arrangements
– Recorded ceremony music
– Bridal bouquet (8 ivory roses hand-tied) and matching Groom’s Boutonniere
– Ice Carving (sculpted onboard)
– Tiered wedding cake and keepsake cake topper
– Cake cutting service and champagne toast with keepsake etched
– Carnival champagne flutes for the bride & groom
– 1 hour and 30 minutes Celebration Open Bar with hot and cold hors d’ouevres
– Coffee/Tea Service
– Photography service at the ceremony and reception
– A bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate-dipped strawberries for the bride & groom’s stateroom after the celebration
I can’t wait to share with you as we get closer and closer to our wedding date! Be sure to follow our wedding on The Mommy-Files!!!
Update: Check out our post on the wedding with lots of pics here: Our Cruise Wedding Aboard The Carnival Miracle