The VTech Retro Phone
It seems like these days everything that was once old is new again but with twist. Remember those old rotary phones where the phone cord would wrap itself up? It would take forever for the 9 to roll forward then back. Maybe your grandparents still own one.
Technology has come a long way since those days. VTech has introduced their sleek Retro Phones (model LS6195). I love all of their colors, mine is a deep burgundy color. It’s classy silhouette looks amazing on my countertop and it’s still compact enough to be a space saver. These phones also come in several different colors: tangerine, black, pearl white, and blue (kind of neon blue – beautiful). I think VTech has blended the contemporary and retro design trends nicely.
– Face-down charging The cordless handset rests face down on the charger to maintain its classic style.
– Rotary-inspired keypad Dial with the push-button keypad, arranged like a classic rotary telephone.
– Caller ID/Call Waiting*—stores 50 calls Know who’s calling with Caller ID/Call Waiting. Handset displays the name, number, time and date of incoming calls.
– Handset and base speakerphones Leave your hands free, or bring more people into the conversation: The speakerphones allow you to talk and listen without holding the handset.
– Expandable up to five handsets (uses LS6005).
– Backlit keypad and display The entire keypad illuminates along with the LCD screen, allowing for easier viewing in dim light.
– Answering Machine that holds up to 14 minutes of digital recording time.
If it is on the cradle, and it rings, when you pick it up it automatically answers it – instead of having to hit the “talk” button. I like that feature. Regarding the speakerphones, I’ve been using this feature more since the receiver is so thin it’s difficult to hold with my shoulder. Sometimes you have to give up comfort for style, and that’s ok. Also, I wish it were easier to recall my missed calls. I’m used to hitting an arrow key to retrieve them, but on this phone you have to scroll through the menu. Maybe on the next model this will be easier.