Enjoy End of Summer Fun at Disney California Adventure and Disneyland Resort
Can you believe the end of summer is here? I sure can’t! This past weekend, Frank and I spontaneously decided to head down to Southern California for some end of the summer fun with our family at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. My youngest, Sammy, had never before been to Disneyland, and none of the boys had been to Disney California Adventure before, so they were in for a real treat! Before heading into Disneyland, we had to take the tram from the parking lot – the boys counted this as a ride – hee hee.
We arrived at the park close to the time they opened up. The first place we headed was California Adventure. Into the park we went and straight to the Fast Pass Line for Radiator Springs Racers. We got fast passes to come back to the ride around noon.
Now it was off to the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror ride we went. All 3 boys went on the ride! Sammy decided that it wasn’t the ride for him, so we would be spending some mommy/son time later on when his older brothers went again.
After the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, we headed to California Screamin’. Sammy was almost tall enough, but not quite there to be able to go on California Screamin’. Dallen and Brian were tall enough, so they went on with Frank. They LOVED it!!! They said they loved it that it went upside down – ha ha! While Brian, Dallen, and Frank were on California Screamin’, Sammy and I went to wait in line for Toy Story Midway Mania, which is such a fun ride/game!!! The boys loved it and were anxious to go on it again, but the line was a little long by that point.
After the Toy Story Midway Mania ride, we headed over to the other side of Disney California Adventure. We went on Goofy’s Sky School, which was a lot of fun! The boys loved the roller coaster/flying feeling on the ride and immediately asked to go on it again after we were done. However, it was time to head to the next ride!
After a few rides, we were getting pretty hungry. We decided to head over and get a bite to eat over by the Radiator Springs Racers Ride at Flo’s V8 Cafe! The boys got mac and cheese (really yummy), roast beef sandwiches, and drinks, while Frank and I split a Roast Beef Plate.
After lunch, it was time to go on the Radiator Springs Racers Ride. We had so much fun – and we won!!! The boys loved the idea of the fast pass and the fact that we were able to get on the ride within 10 minutes. As soon as the ride was over, they asked if we could go again, but no way were we gonna wait in that long line! So we went for another treat – ice cream cones at the Cozy Cone Cafe.
After our snack, we headed over to the Disneyland Resort. It was pretty busy, but we were still able to go on quite a few rides! We went on Pirates of the Caribbean, the Haunted Mansion, Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blasters, Indiana Jones, and the Jungle Cruise. The lines were pretty long on the roller coaster rides, so the boys expressed an interest in heading back over to Disney California Adventure.
The boys wanted to go on California Screamin’ again, but this time it was my turn to go with them. I LOVE that ride and can’t wait until Sammy is big enough to go on it! While we were waiting in line to go on California Screamin’, Frank and Sammy were exploring the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. There, they found a rock climbing wall, tire swings, slides, rope bridges and more. This is definitely the place for kids to get their energy out while having fun!
We figured that while at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, we went on about 22 rides….on a Saturday! That is pretty good for a Saturday! You can still enjoy end of the summer fun at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure!
Here are a few things happening through Sept. 2nd:
– Last chance to enjoy the extended summer hours at Disneyland Resort – 8 am to 10 pm at Disney California Adventure and 8 am to 11 pm at Disneyland.
– Last chance this summer to see the “Magical” fireworks spectacular – nightly at Disneyland Park.
– Last chance to meet Mike Wazowski and Sulley from “Monsters University” – at Disney California Adventure Park.
– The next two weekends and continuing all year – “Limited Time Magic.” These are weekly surprises, announced each Friday, including special entertainment and events, special character appearances, new food or beverage items and special Disney-themed merchandise.
Here are a few more things you can enjoy on weekends, even after the summer season ends:
– “World of Color” – nighttime spectacular water show, with lights, lasers, color and animation, nightly at Disney California Adventure Park (times vary)
– “Mickey and the Magical Map” – a stage show at the Fantasyland Theatre in Disneyland Park, shown five times daily (times vary)
– “Aladdin – a Musical Spectacular” – a stage show at the Hyperion Theater in Disney California Adventure Park, several shows daily (times vary)
Visitors can always see park hours and events at www.disneyland.com