Shopping at Save Mart Supermarkets for the Save Mart 350 Tailgating Party + Lettuce-Wrapped Chicken Taco Recipe
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.
I have not had a lot of experience shopping at the Save Mart Supermarkets before, but based on this shopping experience, I would definitely go back. First, the staff was extra friendly and very helpful. Second, the store was clean and had great lighting, which made it an inviting atmosphere to shop in. Third, the prices were great and you didn’t need a card to get the discounts! This made it a perfect experience for shopping for our San Francisco 350 Tailgating Party Recipe ingredients. We’re gonna be making Lettuce-Wrapped Chicken Tacos!
We found a lot of great ingredients at our local Save Mart and the selection was excellent. I was so impressed by all the different departments, including Produce, Deli & Cheeses, Meat, and Chips. The shelves were all faced, the prices were easy to find, and the savings were huge! Plus, we found everything we were looking for to make the recipe….and more!
For our recipe, we’ll be making Chicken Lettuce-Wrapped Tacos! Yummy, right? It’s perfect to cook on a grill or cook ahead of time and then prepare at your tailgating party. We found all our ingredients at Save Mart and were even more stoked to have our groceries bagged in plastic bags. I know, it might not seem like a biggie to some, but here on the Central Coast, you either have to have a reusable bag or pay for a paper bag. So, this was definitely a perk added to our shopping trip. You can see more about my shopping trip HERE.
At Save Mart, you can also purchase your Save Mart 350 tickets! They are on sale for $99 for a two-pack of reserved tickets in either the Turn 7 or Turn 9 Terrace (Rows 1-5). The race will be located at the Raceway in Sonoma on Sunday, June 23rd. According to the site, “The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series visits the Sonoma Valley for a 25th consecutive year for the Toyota/Save Mart 350…..This has become one of the most exciting races on the circuit with plenty of paint-swapping on the 10-turn, 1.99-mile road course. Clint Bowyer took the checkers in 2012, becoming the eighth consecutive different winner in Sonoma. Who will drink from the Champion’s Goblet in 2013?” Sounds pretty exciting, right?
For a huge race like this, tailgating parties are always a lot of fun! However, for our tailgating party recipe, we want it to not only be yummy, but heart healthy as well. That’s why we are preparing Lettuce-Wrapped Chicken Tacos!
LETTUCE-WRAPPED CHICKEN TACOS
– Grilled Chicken (either Boneless Skinless Breasts or Chicken Leg Quarters, de-skinned)
– Season-All or preferred seasoning
– Shredded Cheese
– Sour Cream
– Living Butter Lettuce
– Tortilla Chips
1. Wash your chicken and pull off skin, discarding in the trash. You may also use Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, which may take less time to prepare.
2. Once washed and de-skinned, season the chicken with Season-All or preferred seasoning. Grill until chicken is no longer pink inside.
3. Cut chicken into strips using a fork and knife.
4. Set the leaves of Butter Lettuce out on a plate and fill with chicken, followed by toppings. Our toppings included sliced avocados, sliced tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream and salsa.
5. Serve with tortilla chips and salsa or rice and beans. Enjoy!
What are you making for your San Francisco 350 Tailgating Party?