Have You Entered the Filtrete Healthy Home Remodel Contest?
It’s winter time and we have our heater running at home. When we turn on the heater, I want to make sure the cleanest air possible is coming through the vents. That is why we use Filtrete Brand Filters from 3M! Filtrete Brand from 3M makes an entire line of air filters for your home’s heating and cooling system – there’s one for each family’s needs and lifestyle. They start just a few dollars, last up to three months and can be purchased at Lowe’s, Target, Walmart, Costco and your local hardware store. Find a location near you by visiting FindMyFiltreteFilter.com.
Filrete Filters are the most trusted brand of furnace filters. They are up to four times better than ordinary pleated filters and are consistently rated #1 by a leading magazine that rates consumer products. Filtrete Filters help create a healthy home and healthier indoor air by capturing airborne dust, allergens, bacteria and viruses. Filtrete Filters also help maintain airflow in heating and cooling systems, which may help prevent stress on the system and reduce the amount of energy needed to reach desired indoor air temperatures. Other electrostatically charged filters with similar ratings are tightly woven and may restrict airflow in the heating and cooling system. This may cause the system to work harder and run longer.
To help homeowners address indoor air concerns, Filtrete Brand, known for its air and water filtration products, has partnered with Mike Holmes, renowned HGTV contractor, on the Filtrete Healthy Home Remodel Contest. One grand prize winner, selected by Mike Holmes, will receive $30,000 worth of home inspections, repairs and renovations by a Holmes Group approved contractor. Four first-prize winners will be awarded $5,000 cash to put towards home repairs. To enter from January 31, 2013 through June 30, 2013:
– Visit Facebook.com/Filtrete (You will be prompted to “like” Filtrete Brand to enter the contest)
– Explain in 1,000 words or less why your home is deserving of a healthier home remodel
– Submit up to two photos supporting your essay
– For more details, view the official rules.
ABOUT THE FILTRETE ULTIMATE ALLERGEN REDUCTION FILTER, MPR 1900
– Ideal for allergen defense
– Helps capture up to 93 percent of large airborne particles, such as household dust, pollen, mold spores and dust mite debris, from the air passing through the filter
– Helps capture 4x times more microscopic particles, such as smoke, smog, pet dander and particles that can carry bacteria and viruses, than ordinary pleated filters.
– MSR Price: $19.99
FILTRETE FILTERS SOCIAL MEDIA PROPERITES AND ENEWSLETTER
– Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/Filtrete
– Twitter: @Filtrete
– You can register to receive seasonal e-newsletters featuring special offers, filter change reminders, better home living tips and more by visiting our website, www.Filtrete.com.
– The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recommends changing the filter every three months. An easy way to remember to change your filter is to do so at the start of every season.
– The EPA says that indoor levels of many pollutants are often 2M5 times higher than outdoor levels. The EPA has identified indoor air pollution as one of the top five urgent environmental risks to public health.
– According to the EPA, the average person spends ninety percent of his/her life indoors.
– Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) declares May to be “National Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month.”
– According to the EPA, air fresheners release VOCs into the air, and scented candles and incense may contain particulates, soot and chemicals. These also only provide temporary relief from odors by masking them in one particular room but will do nothing to remove the odors from the entire home.
This is a compensated post as part of the Healthy Home Club Ambassador Program.
All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.