Keep You and Your Family Safe with the Garage Door Care Safety Quiz + $25 VISA Gift Card Giveaway
As a parent, every day I take measures to protect my children in each of the rooms in my home. In my kitchen, I don’t let them touch a hot oven. In the living room, I don’t let them climb the bookcase. In the laundry room, I don’t let them play with the washing machine or dryer. In the front yard, I don’t let them play near or touch the heaviest moving object in my home – the garage door. I am constantly striving to keep my family safe in our home.
The International Door Association (IDA), a trade association that is comprised of more than 2,000 door and access system dealers and installers worldwide. The IDA offers a quick QUIZ on its website, www.garagedoorcare.com, to test you and your family’s garage door safety smarts. At only five questions, it takes just minutes to complete, but could keep you and your family safe from potential hazards.
Before you take the quiz, consider “D.O.O.R. Safe,” an acronym to help parents teach young children the do’s and don’ts of garage doors:
– Openers are for adults – never play with the button on the wall that opens and closes the garage door.
– Ouch! – never touch any part of a moving garage door. Your fingers and hands can get hurt!
– Remotes are for adults – never play with the remote control in the car or on Mom and Dad’s keychain.
I took the quiz and it took me less than a minute to answer the five questions. I was happy to learn that my garage door is “kid safe.” My boys are so important me and it was very important to me to (1) know that my garage is “kid safe” or (2) if it wasn’t, to find out how I could make it kid safe. If your garage door isn’t functioning properly or if it’s unsafe for kids, it may need professional garage door repairs. Check out the service of repairing gates by Garage and Gate CA in Santa Rosa. Otherwise, you may have to consider getting a new garage door with the help of a garage door installer.
In addition to you having the opportunity to take the quiz, you will have the opportunity to win a $25 VISA Gift Card!!
1 LUCKY READER ON THE MOMMY-FILES WILL WIN A $25 VISA GIFT CARD!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment what your score from the quiz was or what you learned from taking the quiz!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog (email subscription below) – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, October 7th, 2012! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
This is a sponsored post with our friends at Garage Door Care to facilitate this review. The giveaway is sponsored by Garage Door Care. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.