Applegate – The Great Organic Uncured Beef Hot Dog!
Who likes hot dogs? I do, my boys do, heck my entire family does! As a mom, I want to feed my boys the best food that is out there. It wasn’t until recently that I learned about Applegate Meats. Applegate is available in the Seattle and Portland areas! To find a store near you, simply visit the Applegate Store Locator.
Applegate Hot Dogs are made from 100% organic grass fed beef and are bursting old-fashioned classic hot dog flavor. They are juicy, flavorful, and delicious! Not convinced yet? What if I were tell you that these healthy hot dogs have only 8 grams of fat compared to the average 15 grams steamed on your stovetop or anytime you’re craving a taste of summer.
Did you know that eighty percent of antibiotics sold in the U.S. are used in animal agriculture? The vast majority are used for non-therapeutic purposes, such as promoting animal growth and compensating for the effects of unsanitary and overcrowded conditions. Applegate makes sure their animals are never given antibiotics, hormones or artificial growth promotants. Their products are made with natural and organic ingredients. They conduct their farming practices with integrity and treat their animals and land with respect.
Even though Fall is upon us, it isn’t too late to get your grill on. Whether it’s grilling indoors or outdoors, Applegate wants you to enjoy eating food that is antibiotic- and nitrite-free, made with no shortcuts and only natural ingredients.
APPLEGATE’S PROMISE TO THE CONSUMER:
When you pick up an Applegate product, you can be assured that…
– Their animals are never given antibiotics. Healthy animals don’t need medicine. Instead, we give them space, fresh air, and a healthy diet, which we’re certain beats the alternative.
– Their livestock eat a completely vegetarian diet with no animal by-products. Cattle in Applegate organic program are grass-fed. Hogs and poultry in their organic program are fed a grain diet that includes corn, soy, barley, and flax that are free from GMOs.
– Their animals are never given hormones or artificial growth promotants. They grow at their natural rate.
– All of their products are made with natural and organic ingredients. If you aren’t familiar with a particular ingredient, email Applegate and they’ll tell you what it is.
– Their products are all minimally processed, allowing for a wholesome texture and taste.
– Their products never contain artificial nitrates or nitrites. Instead, we use celery juice and sea salt to preserve their products the natural and old fashioned way.
– Their deli meat, hot dogs, burgers, and bacon are gluten and casein free.
– Their products are made from natural and organic whole muscle meat. Yes, even their hot dogs! No mystery here.
When the weather is nice and warm, we love to grill outside and hot dogs are one of our family favorites. My boyfriend likes to grill them over charcoal and boy are they yummy! But what if it’s wet and dreary outside? No worries. You can still grill up your Applegate Hot Dogs indoors. Simply grill them in a fry pan over the stove, bake them in the oven, or grill them in your microwave.
I don’t know about you, but I love to have the hot dogs grilled to the point where they blacken. The crispy skin just seems to add so much more flavor. Top it off with ketchup, mustard, and chopped onion and you have yourself a perfect hot dog!
Be sure to “Like” Applegate on Facebook and get updated product information.
Check out my Summer and Fall Grilling Pinterest Board as well!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Applegate blogging program, to earn My SocialMoms Rewards Points. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. To read more posts on this topic, click here.