Dibs on My Ribs Cookoff + Giveaway (10 Winners)
It’s summertime and we love to barbecue! This summer, we’ve barbecued hot dogs, chicken, steak, and hamburgers, but my favorites were the ribs that Frank cooked up on his grill. When given the opportunity to grill up our own rib recipe in the Dibs on My Ribs Cookoff, we jumped right on board! For our recipe, we were sent spices and other barbecuing goodies. Here is a yummy recipe prepared by Frank.
– Pork Spare Ribs (with bone-in)
– McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
– Kraft BBQ Sauce (flavors vary based on taste)
Season Pork Spare Ribs with McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning and let marinate for one to two hours.
Heat charcoals in a chimney starter. Place newspaper or kindling between layers of charcoal and light through air holes. Allow charcoal to heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Pour charcoal pieces into charcoal grill and replace rack. Place ribs on rack or in rib rack.
Cover smoker with lid and allow ribs to slowly cook for three hours. Once the ribs are no longer pink in the middle when you cut through, lathe with BBQ sauce and let cook for another 15 minutes.
Serve with baked beans, potatoes or rice, and salad. Enjoy!
– The contest runs until August 12, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
– The contest is co-sponsored by Tyson Fresh Meats, Inc., McCormick & Company, Inc., Kraft Foods, ITnc., and the National Pork Board.
– Two Grand Prize winners (one in each recipe category) will receive a one year supply of groceries awarded as twelve $500 Wal-Mart gift cards. Grand Prize Winners will also have the opportunity to attend the Memphis in May BBQ Event in Memphis, TN in May 2012. (See contest site for full prize details).
DIBS ON MY RIBS RECIPE CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN.
The Dibs on My Ribs Contest (“Contest”) begins on May 1, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends on August 12, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET (“Contest Period”).
HOW TO ENTER: Visit the National Pork Board website (www.porkbeinspired.com/
For the complete list of rules please vistit http://bit.ly/RibsContest
10 lucky readers on The Mommy-Files will win a $20 Walmart gift card!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment your favorite seasoning or sauce to use on Spare Ribs!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog (email subscription below) – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, August 12th, 2012! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a kit from the National Pork Board for my participation in this campaign. The giveaway is sponsored by the National Pork Board. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.