101 Days of Summer Play with Banana Boat + Giveaway
I am a natural redhead and have naturally fair skin. My three boys have also inherited my fair skin. All of us are very prone to sunburns, which makes spending time outdoors a challenge. With the summer here, we enjoy spending more time playing outside in the sun without the constant distraction of remote controls, video games and computers. And Banana Boat sun care wants to help us do just that!
To kick off the season of outdoor fun and play, Banana Boat sun care has created the 101 Days of Summer Play activity guide, which offers fun ideas for families on how to enjoy the outdoors this summer. The brand is also challenging families across the U.S. to take the 101 Days of Summer Play pledge. This pledge encourages parents to make the commitment to encourage their children to play outside in the sun every day, all season long.
Parents simply take the pledge by heading to the Banana Boat brand Facebook page– which also features fun giveaways and additional information. For each pledge taken, a donation of one bottle of new Banana Boat Sunscreen Natural Reflect Lotion, up to 10,000 bottles, will go to The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, a nonprofit, residential summer camp and year-round center serving children coping with cancer and other serious illnesses.
As a part of this campaign, I had the opportunity to host an outdoor party with some of my friends and their kids. We had the chance to try out Banana Boat Sunscreen Natural Reflect Lotion, which contains 100% naturally-sourced mineral sunscreens with proven protection against sunburn and prevention against long-term skin damage. Each of my guests received a goodie bag, which included a frisbee, Banana Boat Sunscreen Natural Reflect Lotion, and a few other treats!
Sun Protection Tips from Sara Snow
– Be Prepared! When spending a day outdoors with my family, be sure to have a cooler stocked with lots of water, some juice and snacks like fresh fruits and veggies (oranges, watermelon, carrots and cucumbers are some of our favorites) for the day!
– Apply Early and Often! Whether you’re spending just a few minutes outside or taking an all day bike ride in the park, remember to apply a golf ball-sized amount of sunscreen 30 minutes before heading outdoors! Look for a sunscreen with broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection, like Banana Boat Sunscreen Natural Reflect Lotion that is water resistant. I like that it contains 100% naturally sourced minerals and is oxybenzone, fragrance and paraben-free! And always reapply every two hours or after swimming.
– Seek Shade! As much as you may love sun, you have to remember to find shade, especially during the height of the afternoon. When heading to the pool, be sure to look for chairs in the shade and if you’re heading to the park all day, be sure to find a spot under a tree to take a break and eat lunch when the sun is at its hottest.
– Bring the right gear: Hats and eyewear are important too! Be sure to have a variety of hats and sunglasses for your kids to pick from.
– Be mindful of sensitivities: Because some medications can increase your or your children’s skin’s sensitivity to UV rays, it’s important to remember that even someone who doesn’t burn easily can develop a sunburn quickly when taking medication.
– Always wear sunscreen: Wearing sunscreen on a daily basis is important for everyday protection against the sun’s rays, even if you’re not spending the entire day outdoors. So get kids excited about sunscreen (and used to applying it) so they’ll use it on their own when they go away for camps or to spend the day at a friend’s pool.
OUR PARK PARTY
We had a blast at our outdoor park together and everyone loved the goodie bags and the feel of the Banana Boat Sunscreen Natural Reflect Lotion! A big thanks goes to Mom Central and Banana Boat for this house party and giveaway opportunity on The Mommy-Files!!!
1 LUCKY READER ON THE MOMMY-FILES WILL WIN A BANANA BOAT PRIZE PACK!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment one of your favorite outdoor activities to participate in during the summer time!!!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog (email subscription) – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, June 24th, 2012! Any entries after this time will be deleted! **Please note: the giveaway has been changed from Wednesday, June 27th to Sunday, June 24th.**
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Banana Boat® Sun Care and received a party kit to facilitate my review, party kits to give to my guests, and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.