“Wife 22” – Book Giveaway
I’d like to introduce you to a new book that hit bookstore shelves on May 29, 2012 – Wife 22, written by Melanie Gideon. For fans of Helen Fielding’s Bridget Jones’s Diary and Allison Pearson’s I Don’t Know How She Does It, comes an irresistible novel of a woman losing herself….and finding herself again…in the middle of her life.
ABOUT THE BOOK
When Alice Buckle, who has been married to William for nearly twenty years, receives a survey in her e-mail from the Netherfield Center for the Study of Marital Happiness, she is in the doldrums. She loves her husband but they’ve grown distant, she is bored with her job, and her adolescent children need her less now. And she has reached the age at which her mother died. So as she idly begins answering the questions, she finds herself baring her soul in an anonymous survey she never even intended to respond to. As she struggles, she realizes it has been years since anyone asked deep, serious questions of her, and really listened to her answers. Soon her entire life as she knows it is called into question.
Read an excerpt:
Melanie Gideon is the author of the memoir The Slippery Year: A Meditation on Happily Ever After, an NPR and San Francisco Chronicle Best Book of 2009, and a New York Times bestseller, as well as three young adult novels. Her novel, Wife 22 (to be published in 30 countries and translated into 26 languages and currently in development with Working Title Films) is forthcoming from Ballantine in May 2012. She has written for the New York Times, the San Francisco Chronicle, More, Shape, Marie Claire, the London Times, the Daily Mail and other publications. She was born and raised in Rhode Island and now lives in the Bay Area with her husband and son. Wife 22 is her first novel for adults.
FIND HER AT:
2 lucky readers on The Mommy-Files will win a copy of Wife 22 and a copy of The Slippery Year: A Meditation on Happily Ever After by Melanie Gideon!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment one of your favorite books you’ve read as an adult!!!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Follow Melanie Gideon on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Melanie Gideon on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog (email subscription) – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Wednesday, June 20th, 2012! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a copy of “Wife 22” from Random House as part of this campaign. The giveaway was sponsored by Random House. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.