Holiday Shopping Challenge with American Express + $250 Gift Card Giveaway
The holidays are upon us and people everywhere are purchasing gifts for family and friends in hopes of finding the perfect gift. American Express offers a way to stretch your budget further with American Express Membership Rewards points. There are so many items to choose from, including gift cards, electronics, toys, games, and more!
20 years ago, American Express launched the Membership Rewards program as a first of its kind program that overtime has continued to innovate through new partners, categories and features. The program offers more than a million rewards from over 500 brands and millions Cardmembers have redeemed their points for a variety of merchandise and experiences – from movie tickets to trips to the world’s finest resorts.
Membership Rewards as Social Currency
Membership Rewards has become a kind of social currency for many. We live in a world where more and more people are connecting online and sharing experiences with one another on Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, YouTube and so on. Membership Rewards are more than just points. They are a social currency that connect us to the people, experiences and things we love. Plus, there is a now a dedicated tab for Membership Rewards on the American Express Facebook Page, where Cardmembers can share stories on what they were able to buy with their Membership Rewards points with their communities – another way to share the possibilities with points in a social environment.
Earn Points Easily!
Points are EASY to earn! You can earn points on everyday items like gas, groceries, phone bills and redeem them for practical items like paying your taxes OR social efforts like donations to charities OR for the things you love – like extraordinary shopping to entertainment to travel rewards – it’s a world of possibilities and the choice is yours!
The great thing is that you don’t need to amass a large amount of reward points before you start to realize the benefits. Points are only for big-ticket items and trips. You can use points for everything from gift cards to movie tickets – with redemption opportunities available for relatively few points. These points can even be redeemed at point of purchase on some retailer’s websites.
1.Points Don’t Expire
– Membership Rewards are ready when you are – today, tomorrow or whenever – and there’s no limit to how many you can earn.
2. Rewards at a Few Points
– From Gap to Old Navy to Bath & Body Works, you can find gift cards starting at just 1,000 points.
3. Travel Your Way
– Use the Pay with Points feature to book flights, hotels, cruises and vacation packages. Fly any airline, anytime without seat restrictions or blackout dates. Use points to pay for all or part of your trip.
4. Find Great Deals
– At membershiprewards.com/specials, you can save points with great deals on select rewards like electronics, travel, entertainment, home accessories and more. New items are added regularly and we’ll keep you posted on upcoming weekly deals.
– You can also get bonus Membership Rewards points as you shop online with inSite from American Express – it’s a free online shopping tool that automatically notifies you of special offers when you use your Amex Card.
5. More Choices to Use Points
– You can now link your Membership Rewards account to your Amazon, Zynga and/or Ticketmaster accounts and automatically use your points for purchases when you check out at these sites.
6. Redeeming is Easy
– Go to membershiprewards.com to explore the variety of options and redeem points. Just check your balance, choose your reward, and click to redeem.
Small Business Saturday
This past Saturday, November 26th, individuals everywhere supported Small Business Saturday by shopping at their local small businesses, in support of their communities. As part of my holiday shopping challenge, I’ve been given the task of purchasing gifts for 5 of my loved ones. 4 gifts will be purchased through a budgeted amount of American Express Rewards Points and one gift will be purchased from a local small business using a gift card provided to me by American Express. The Small Business I am going to purchase from is a home business started by a husband and a wife. They make the yummiest chocolate covered toffee I’ve ever tasted! I am really excited to purchase one of my gifts from them and support one of our many small businesses in our community.
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a $250 American Express Gift Card!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment one of your own personal tips for staying within your holiday budget.
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of American Express Rewards on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, December 11th, 2011! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received compensation from American Express to complete this campaign. The giveaway is sponsored by American Express. All opinions expressed on this post are 100% mine.