FedEx & SafeKids – Halloween Safety Tips and Gift Bag Giveaway – ONLY 3.5 HOURS LONG!!!!
Halloween is just around the corner and is one of the most anticipated nights of the year for kids. SafeKids recently discovered some scary statistics with a first-of-its-kind study on Halloween safety. Did you know that only 1/3 of parents talk to their kids about Halloween during the year, but that 3/4 report having Halloween safety fears? Did you also know that 12% of children ages five years and younger are permitted to trick-or-treat alone? Studies also showed that, on average, twice as many child pedestrians are killed while walking on Halloween compared to other days of the year. To make this a fun AND safer holiday, FedEx has once again teamed up with SafeKids to provide helpful safety tips for trick-or-treaters this year!
- Children under 12 should trick-or-treat and cross streets with an adult.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible.
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks.
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, choose light colored costumes that fit properly and avoid carrying sticks, swords, or other sharp objects.
- Check treats for signs of tampering before children are allowed to eat them. Candy should be thrown away if the wrapper is faded, torn, or unwrapped.
What Drivers Need to Know:
- Slow down and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods. Children are excited on Halloween and may move in unpredictable ways.
- Anticipate heavy pedestrian traffic and turn your headlights on early in the day so you can spot children from greater distances.
- Remember that costumes can limit children’s visibility and they may not be able to see your vehicle.
- Reduce any distractions inside your car so you can concentrate on the road and your surroundings.
3 lucky readers on The Mommy-Files will each win 3 Halloween Safety Gift Bags filled with the following goodies:
- A reflective trick-or-treat bag
- Mini aluminum flashlight with strap
- Battery operated blinking flasher
- Reflective Safe Kids zipper pull tag
- Reflective yellow slap bracelet
- Reflective pumpkin sticker
- Reflective orange shoe laces OR green reflector strips for shoes or costumes
- Safety tip sheet for kids and drivers
– Tell me in a comment what you do to make trick-or-treating safe for our family.
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:30 a.m. PST on Friday, October 28th, 2011! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received Halloween Safety Bags from FedEx Corporation and SafeKids USA to facilitate my review for this campaign. The giveaway was sponsored by FedEx Corporation and SafeKids USA. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.