Eucerin Skin First July Summer Giveaway
For the past year, I have had the opportunity to spread the important message of skin healthy through the Eucerin Skin First Movement. I have learned a lot through my participation in this campaign. Now that it’s the summertime, everyone is spending more time outdoors. So, it’s especially important that we take the pledge to take care of our skin and keep it healthy!
I had no idea that July is National Blueberry Month until I participated in this campaign! We love blueberries! Did you know that this delicious fruit is a great source of antioxidants, which are important for your skin and other vital organs? In addition to helping protect your skin from the sun by using an SPF, avoiding the mid day sun, and wearing protective clothing, there are many other ways to proactively keep your skin healthy. Eating right, exercising and getting enough sleep also help promote healthy skin. Since your skin is the barrier for all of your other organs and the body’s first line of defense, it makes sense that you should feed it the proper nutrients.
If you’re going to be going to a cookout or any type of summer event, consider bringing a bowl of fresh blueberries as a dessert. Not only are they delicious, but they’re rick in antioxidants, substances known to fight free radicals that can wreak havoc on the skin. In addition, don’t forget to pack Eucerin’s Everyday Protection Face SPF 30 and Body SPF 15 Lotions. They are great options for everyday use and are lightweight.
If you really want to indulge, here is a delicious blueberry pie recipe from Better Homes and Gardens that you can prepare in just one hour this summer:
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Stir in water and 1 cup of the blueberries.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining 2 cups blueberries and butter until butter is melted.
- Cool completely. Pour into prepared pie shell.
- If desired, cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with whipped cream. Makes 8 servings.
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a Eucerin Prize Pack, including: Eucerin Everyday Protection Face SPF 30 and Body SPF 15 Lotions, $25 Walmart Gift Card, Better Homes and Gardens Pie Pan, Apron, and Oven Mitts!!! ($75 Value)
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment how you plan to nourish and protect your skin this July!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Follow Eucerin on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Eucerin on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Take the PLEDGE from Eucerin on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, July 31st, 2011! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a prize pack from Eucerin as part of this campaign. The prize package was provided by Eucerin. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.