Quaker Chewy Superstar Search + Giveaway
I grew up with Quaker products in my home and am happy to keep my cupboards stocked with Quaker products for my boys. When I see the Quaker symbol, I feel happy, because I remember being in elementary school and my dad making me a bowl of Quaker Oatmeal for breakfast. He would cook it in the microwave and then add applesauce or brown sugar to it. It was a good memory for me. In addition to Quaker Oatmeal, we love Quaker Chewy Granola Bars. I try to keep them on hand for snacks, but they go super fast. Quaker Chewy Granola Bars come in super yummy flavors, including Chocolate Swirl, Chocolatey Mint, Cookie Dough, and Chocolatey Caramel
Not only do my boys love Quaker, they also love to sing and dance. They love to “rock out” in the car when we have the music playing or dance to music on the radio or television. They even make up their own songs. It’s awesome! Recently, I learned about the Quaker Chewy Superstar Search and feel that is definitely blog-worthy to share about on The Mommy-Files. This competition was created to give parents of young people with big voices a platform to showcase their child’s vocal talents.
The Quaker Chewy Superstar Search kicked off on June 8th, 2011. Parents or legal guardians of children ages 8-14 can work with their kids to record a performance and upload it to enter at www.ChewySuperstar.com. The winner of the Quaker Chewy Superstar Search will get to record a song produced by a Nick Jonas, a contract with Jonas Group Management, an online music video with a clip aired on national television and a $5,000 cash prize.
Along with Jonas, Quaker Chewy has joined forces with the non-profit organization Little Kids Rock to make music education more accessible in schools across the nation. As the only national non-profit, rock and pop-oriented music program in the U.S. public schools, Little Kids Rock focuses on ensuring every public school student has an opportunity to experience music education.
ABOUT THE MOBILE RECORDING STUDIO
The Quaker Chewy Superstar Mobile Recording Studio will be making stops at select cities across the country to give kids the chance to record a singing performance of one of 4 pre-selected songs and have that superstar ‘moment’ they deserve. The tour will make four more stops including:-
July 9 and 11 – Atlanta metro area
July 18 – 20 – Dallas metro area
July 26 and 28 – Denver metro area
August 2 – 4 – Los Angeles metro area
At each stop, parents and kids will have the chance to create their videos, have a Red Carpet Photo Experience through a super imposed Nick Jonas photo opportunity and a chance to sample the superstar of snacks.
The first 90 eligible attendees are guaranteed the opportunity to record the designated portion of their song. Visit www.ChewySuperstar.com for exact locations, dates and times.
*Parents or legal guardians must accompany kids to Mobile Recording Studio and upload entries to www.ChewySuperstar.com.
HOW TO ENTER
– From June 8th – August 5th, 2011 parents can get their kids one step closer to superstardom by entering the Quaker Chew Superstar Search Contest.
– Select from one of four pre-selected songs including:
— “Just The Way You Are” by Bruno Mars
— “Breathe” by Michelle Branch
— “Nothin’ on You” by B.o.B.
— “Wildflower” by the JaneDear Girls
1. Create a vocal performance at the Mobile Recording Studio OR at home.
– Videos recorded at the Mobile Recording Studio will be emailed to each participant so they can enter the contest.
2. Fill out the entry form and upload the performance at www.ChewySuperstar.com.
– Submissions will be narrowed to five finalists who America will have a chance to vote on starting August 29 – September 9 in an online viewing gallery at www.ChewySuperstar.com.
For more information on the Quaker Chewy Superstar Search and Official Rules, visit www.ChewySuperstar.com.
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will receive a Quaker Chewy Superstar MP3 Player and Quaker Chewy Granola Bars!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment what your favorite flavor of Quaker Chewy Granola Bars is!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Follow Quaker Chewy on Twitter – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Quaker Chewy on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, July 17th, 2011! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I was compensated for my participation in the Quaker Chewy Superstar Search Promotion and for writing this post. The giveaway was sponsored by Quaker Chewy Granola Bars. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.