Crisco Olive Oil Giveaway
When I attended Smucker’s in 2009, I learned that Crisco was part of the JM Smucker Company. At the event, we had an opportunity to taste test (kind of like wine tasting) the different olive oils. I love cooking with Olive Oil….whether it’s in the water for pasta, cooking veggies, or adding to salads. If you visit Crisco online, you’ll find a variety of recipes using Crisco Olive Oils. If you love to cook with olive oil, you’ll want to definitely check out the Crisco Mediterranean Inspirations Recipe and Essay Contest.
The taste and aromas of Italian, Greek or Spanish cooking can make anyone dream of being whisked away to the Mediterranean. The dream could become a reality for one person who enters the Crisco Mediterranean Inspirations Recipe and Essay Contest. The makers of Crisco Olive Oil are looking for Mediterranean-inspired recipes, now through March 18th, 2011.
ABOUT THE CONTEST
Home cooks can submit their original Mediterranean-inspired recipes and an essay in 100 words or less describing how Crisco Olive Oil inspired the recipe at www.GetInspiredWithCrisco.com. Recipes should use at least two tablespoons of one of the three varieties of Crisco Olive Oil and be submitted in corresponding categories: Crisco 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Crisco Pure Olive Oil or Crisco Light Tasting Olive Oil. Recipes must also include a minimum of two ingredients commonly used in Mediterranean-style cooking – including tomatoes, garlic, olives, pasta, yogurt, legumes, fresh herbs, lentils, or cheese.
“Many home cooks get inspired to cook different meals in the New Year, and Mediterranean dishes are the perfect way to add flavor, fresh vegetables and a variety of ingredients to family dinners,” said Maribeth Badertscher, Vice President, Corporate Communications, The J.M. Smucker Company. “Crisco Olive Oils are great-tasting and versatile options for home-cooks looking to create Mediterranean inspirations in their kitchens, and we’re so excited to be able to send one talented home chef and a guest to Italy for even more inspiration.”
Entries will be judged based on taste, creativity of the recipe, ease of preparation and appearance. Essays corresponding to the recipes will be judged based on relevance to the theme, creative expression and clarity. The top three entries in each olive oil category will receive a year’s supply of Crisco Olive Oil products and a cookware set. The Grand Prize winner will receive a round trip for two to Italy.
The Crisco Mediterranean Inspirations Recipe and Essay Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older. Contest void where prohibited. For more information, Official Rules and entry form, visit www.GetInspiredWithCrisco.com.
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a gourmet Crisco Get Inspired Giveaway including
- William Sonoma Marche’ Pasta Bowls, set of 4
- Three Crisco Olive Oils and Recipe Cards
- Salt Pig with Scoop
- Crate & Barrel Bamboo 12″ Spoon
- Crate & Barrel Herb Scissors
- Herbs of Tuscany Herb Kit
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Visit Crisco online and tell me in a comment one recipe that sounds really yummy to you!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook– 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Crisco on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Thursday, March 17th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received product samples from Crisco through the JM Smucker Company to facilitate this review. The giveaway was sponsored by Crisco through the JM Smucker Company. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.