FedEx Valentine’s Day Giveaway
Valentine’s Day is almost here and people across the U.S. are shipping sweet packages to family and friends that may not live nearby. Since those closest to your heart may be far away, FedEx has put together a list of packing and shipping tips to help reach all your loved ones this Valentine’s Day.
Ship it Smart with FedEx
Follow these easy packaging and shipping tips from the experts at FedEx. You can also visit fedex.com/packaging for more helpful advice.
Choose the right supplies
- Use sturdy boxes with flaps intact. For heavier items, use double-wall boxes. Keep within the weight specifications for your box.
- Make sure your box is large enough to put adequate padding around contents. Position your item in the center of the box and surround by cushioning such as bubble wrap, packing “peanuts,” densely packed shredded paper or foam pads. Use enough packing material – ideally one inch on all sides – so the item does not shift during transit.
- Use tape designed for packing, not duct or masking tape. Use the “H Tape” method to securely close all of the box flaps.
- Do not wrap the outer box with paper or string, which can get caught in automated processing equipment.
- FedEx Office offers a variety of the most popular packing supplies, including boxes, tape, bubble wrap and other essentials for purchase. Locations also provide free FedEx shipping supplies for FedEx Express shipments.
Use smart labeling
- Position the address label squarely on the largest surface, and provide complete sender and recipient addresses, including phone numbers and ZIP codes.
- Put the recipient’s address and your return address inside the box as well.
Ship early and avoid the lines
- For delivery by Monday, February 14th, customers have until Wednesday, February 9th to find and send that perfect Valentine’s Day gift via FedEx Ground or FedEx Home Delivery. Last-minute shoppers have until Saturday, February 12th to ship overnight via FedEx Express.
- If looking specifically to send flowers, customers have until Sunday, February 13th at noon PST / 3 p.m. EST to order from ProFlowers.com and still get flowers delivered on Valentine’s Day.
- Customers can log onto fedex.com to determine shipping options, including rates and transition times to ensure that gifts are shipped in time.
Call in the experts
- FedEx Office has shipping specialists trained in pack and ship best practices to give you advice or pack up your gifts for you.
- The more than 1,800 FedEx Office locations across the U.S. offer a full range of FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shipping options – with most stores open as late as 11 p.m. and 300 that are open 24 hours.
Set up shipments online
- FedEx Ship Manager at fedex.com was the industry’s first Internet-based shipping option. To use, customers simply click the “Prepare Shipment Online” option under the “Ship” tab on the fedex.com U.S. home page, register as a user and follow the easy-to-use instructions. No extra software is required.
- Tracking a package for real-time delivery status and location information is easy and convenient on fedex.com
- Customers can also confirm a package’s status by calling 1.800.Go.FedEx (1.800.463.3339).
1 lucky reader will win a FedEx Sweetheart Shipping Kit, which includes:
- An 8x8x8 brown FedEx box
- A roll of heavy-duty packing tape
- Bubble wrap
- Brown packing paper
- Valentine’s-themed cards to include a sweet note inside your packed box
- A $25 American Express gift card to ship your gifts at any FedEx location
- A Pack & Ship Tips sheet loaded with helpful info FedEx packaging experts
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment which of the following tips for smart shipping is your favorite!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of FedEx on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, February 13th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a product sample from FedEx to facilitate this review. The giveaway was sponsored by FedEx. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.