Pillsbury Cookie Exchange and Giveaway
I love working with Pillsbury and have fallen in love with their boxed cookie mixes and cans of Easy Frost. I have to admit that sometimes the frosting doesn’t even make it’s way to the cookies or cupcakes…if you’ve tried it, you know what I’m talking about.
I was excited to have some of friends and family come over and work together on making cookies, decorating them, and making the Holiday Wreath. We all had a blast! Not only did the adults bake and decorate, but the kids had the opportunity to decorate the cookies as well! They had so much fun …. both decorating and eating them!
Pillsbury has a variety of flavors of Cookie Mix, including Dark Chocolate Chunk (my personal favorite), Funfetti, Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk, Snickerdoodle, and Sugar Cookie Mix. The cans of Easy Frost are also a personal favorite. Flavors include Holiday (vanilla), Chocolate Fudge, and Vanilla.
· 1 package Pillsbury® Funfetti® Holiday Cookie Mix
· 1 can of Pillsbury® Easy Frost™ No-Fuss Frosting Holiday
· 1 piece of red fruit leather
· Candy bits, such as jelly beans
– Prepare a box of Pillsbury® Funfetti® Holiday Cookie Mix according to the package directions. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
– Divide the dough into nine equal parts and roll into balls.
– Place the balls onto a cookie sheet in a ring, about a half inch apart.
– Bake at 350 degrees until the edges are golden brown. As the cookies spread, they will come together to form a wreath.
– The wreath should cool completely before removing from the cookie sheet.
– Carefully remove from the sheet using a large spatula.
– To decorate, hold Pillsbury Easy Frost™ No-Fuss Frosting Holiday and pipe stars across the cookie by applying pressure and then releasing while pulling up.
– For the bow, take a piece of fruit leather and cut into three strips. Cut one more strip that is one-fourth as long. Make the loops of the bow by folding two of the longer strips in half.
– Next, take the shorter strip and wrap it around the center of the bow loops, tucking in the ends.
– Fold the final strip in half at the center and cut the edges in a swallow tail to create the tail of the bow.
– Gently place this piece on the top of the wreath. Then add your bow.
– Decorate the wreath with candy bits, like jelly beans or peppermints.
My sister-in-law and friend worked together to decorate our very own Holiday Cookie Wreath and it turned out adorable! My sister-in-law even created the Holiday Wreath again with another family member. It was easy and fun. The only difference with our holiday wreath and the one in the recipe above was that we already had the cookies baked and formed a circle with them.
I really love Pillsbury Cookie Mix and Easy Frost! My favorites are the Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix and Funfetti Cookie Mix. I love the Holiday Easy Frost and Chocolate Fudge Easy Frost! Thanks to the Pillsbury team for an awesome opportunity to decorate holiday cookies with my family and friends and to hopefully start new holiday traditions!
1 lucky reader will receive a Pillsbury Cookie Exchange Gift Basket, including the following items:
– A Pillsbury Doughboy
– Pillsbury Easy Frost No-Fuss Frosting Holiday (limited edition)
– Pillsbury Easy Frost No-Fuss Frosting Valentine’s (limited edition)
– Funfetti Holiday Cookie Mix
– Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
– Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix
– Brownie Minis Caramel-Filled
– Sugar-Free Moist Supreme Classic Yellow Cake Mix
– Sugar-Free Creamy Supreme Chocolate Fudge Frosting
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment your favorite type of Pillsbury Cookie Mix or Easy Frost flavor to use during the holiday season!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Pillsbury on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Monday, December 27th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a product sample from Pillsbury & J.M. Smucker Company to facilitate this review. The giveaway was sponsored by Pillsbury and J.M. Smucker Company. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.