NESTLÉ Helping Kids Make Homemade Gifts & Giveaway
I remember being little and wanting to buy my dad something for Christmas. I had no idea what he wanted and what I could buy him with the little money I had. When I asked him, his answer surprised me. He told me that I could make him a gift and that he loved homemade gifts more than anything I could buy him. Since then, I’ve always had a special place in my heart for homemade gifts.
I love all of the homemade gifts and pictures my boys create for me – whether it’s for a holiday or just because. If you’re looking for a special homemade gift idea for your little one, start with a card. Have your child draw a picture or paint his or her hand for a handprint on the card. Have your child sign (even if it’s just doodling) his or her name on the card. To make it extra special, have your child “hand-deliver” the card to the recipient. What are some of your favorite homemade gifts you’ve received or homemade gift ideas you have?
Be sure to check out NESTLÉ Family Holiday Celebrations, a special site where you can find tips, tools, and inspiration for the holidays. There, you’ll find ideas of Holiday Gifts to Make Together. Gift ideas include Homemade Candles, Unique “Candy Dish,” Homemade Ornaments, Recipe or Candy Jar, Write a Poem, or Spread Holiday Cheer through donations.
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a “Famous CARNATION Fudge Kit,” a LIBBY’s Pumpkin Bread Kit, and a $25 gift certificate to Jo-Ann Stores for craft supplies!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment a favorite homemade gift you’ve received or an idea (other than mentioned) of a homemade gift idea!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of NESTLÉ Family on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Monday, December 20th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I was compensated for my participation in the NESTLÉ Family Holiday Exchange and for writing this post. The giveaway was sponsored by NESTLÉ Family (CARNATION Evaporated Milk, LIBBY’S Pure Pumpkin, TOLL HOUSE Morsels). All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.