NESTLÉ Planning a Holiday Gathering & Giveaway
‘Tis the season for holiday gatherings and lots of baking!! I am definitely a social butterfly and love to host parties and gatherings of family and friends….just ask any of my family or friends. I most recently hosted a Cookie Exchange and had a blast doing it!
When planning a holiday gatherings for family and friends, you’ll want to keep a few things in mind. First, what type of gathering are you planning? Will it be formal or casual? Will it be kid-friendly or adults only? What type of food do you want to serve (i.e. full meal, appetizers, desserts)? Where do you want to hold the gathering (i.e. in your home or rent a space)? Do you want there to be activities at the gathering (i.e. gift exchange, movie, games)? Do you have all ingredients for foods you will be serving at the gathering? Do you have all paper goods and supplies for serving food on?
If you are thinking about hosting a holiday gathering, be sure to check out NESTLÉ Family Holiday Celebrations, a special site where you can find tips, tools, and inspiration for the holidays. You’ll find tips on how to plan holiday gatherings.
Homemade Holiday Napkins
- White cotton napkins
- Iron & ironing board
- Safety scissors
- Tape measure
- Decide what images you would like on the napkins. Set out holiday books, magazines and cards to look through for ideas.
- Have your children draw their designs on a piece of paper before transferring them onto the napkins.
- This drawing can be their template. (Print out our illustration template for additional ideas)
- Decide where you would like the design to appear on the napkin and place the template under this area.
- Press firmly with the crayons as you draw the image(s) onto the cloth.
- Place a newspaper and then a pillowcase over the crayon image you have drawn.
- Iron on the pillowcase with a hot dry iron, to fuse the crayon to the cloth.
- Your napkins are now ready to part of the Holiday table.
- Wash the napkins in cold water so that the design does not fade.
- Your children can make wonderful gifts for friends and family by personalizing aprons, pillowcases and guest towels.
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a NESTLÉ Family Holiday Brunch Package, including a brunch menu, corresponding NESTLÉ products, and a $50 VISA gift card.
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment a tip or idea for entertaining family and friends over the holidays.
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of NESTLÉ Family on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, December 19th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I was compensated for my participation in the NESTLÉ Family Holiday Exchange and for writing this post. The giveaway was sponsored by NESTLÉ Family (JUICY JUICE, TOLL HOUSE Morsels, CARNATION Evaporated Milk, CARNATION BREAKFAST ESSENTIALS). All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.