NESTLÉ Family Holiday Celebrations Giveaway
I love working with NESTLÉ and was thrilled when they asked me to be one of four bloggers participating in the Holiday Exchange blog campaign! If you haven’t checked out the NESTLÉ Family Holiday Celebrations website, you should do so today! The site was created to help Moms (and dads of course) find tips, tools and inspiration for the holidays.
I love the holidays because it gives our family a chance to create new holiday traditions, as well as continue our past family traditions. Some of our traditions include decorating the house with Christmas music playing in the background, picking out our very own live Christmas tree, making cookies on Christmas Eve for Santa Claus, and more. Holiday traditions are important to families because they create a bond between family members, as well as create memories that last a lifetime. What are some of your favorite holiday traditions?
Have any of your favorite holiday traditions been passed down for generations? Some that I have passed down to my boys include having each of them hang ornaments on the tree, have them each write a letter to Santa, and take them to see Santa Claus. There are many others beyond these traditions that have been down from generation to generation.
A new holiday tradition I have created in our family is that each family member gets to open up a present on Christmas Eve. Most often the present is a pair of pajamas, but could also be a robe or slippers. I have also started a tradition where we buy an ornament each year that represents a good memory or major change in our lives.
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Mini Brownie Bites Bar Dough
- 4 scoops Vanilla DREYER’S® or EDY’S® SLOW CHURNED™ Light Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup of NESTLÉ NESQUIK Chocolate Flavor Syrup
- 1/4 cup of whipped cream
- 4 maraschino cherries
Prepare brownie bites according to package directions. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool for 10 minutes.
Crumble 2 to 3 brownie bites into each sundae dish. Top each with a scoop of ice cream, additional cookie crumbles (if desired), Nesquik, whipped cream and a cherry. Insert 3 brownie bites into ice cream.
Check out the NESTLÉ Family Holiday Celebrations website for more fun recipes, as well as holiday tips and tools that could help you create new holiday traditions in your family!
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a Movie Night Prize Pack, including the following:
– A Christmas Story Collector’s Edition DVD
– 3-flavor pack of OVALTINE
– Family Size Dinner from STOUFFER’S
– DREYER’S/EDY’S cups
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment one family tradition you have for the holidays!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of NESTLÉ Family on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Friday, December 17th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I was compensated for my participation in the NESTLÉ Family Holiday Exchange and for writing this post. The giveaway was sponsored by NESTLÉ Family (STOUFFER’S, OVALTINE, RAISINETS, and EDY’S/DREYER’S). All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.