“Toy Story 3” DVD Review
We loved Toy Story and Toy Story 2 and were super excited for the release of Toy Story 3 on DVD! On November 2nd, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment released Toy Story 3 on DVD and in the Blu-ray Combo Pack. You can purchase the DVD and Blu-ray Combo Pack in stores and online, retailing for $29.99 for the DVD and $45.99 for the Blu-ray Combo Pack.
The creative minds behind Disney-Pixar’s groundbreaking animated blockbusters invite you back inside the toy box for a heartwarming and hilarious High Definition movie experience you’ll never forget. In Toy Story 3, Woody (voiced by Tom Hanks), Buzz Lightyear (voiced by Tim Allen) and the rest of the Toy Story gang return for an all-new adventure, along with a few new faces – some plastic, some plush – including Barbie’s counterpart Ken (voiced by Michael Keaton), a thespian hedgehog named Mr. Pricklepants (voiced by Timothy Dalton) and a strawberry-scented bear named Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear (voiced by Ned Beatty). It’s “the biggest, best, most exciting Toy Story of them all,” raves Access Hollywood’s Scott Mantz.
As Andy prepares to depart for college, Woody, Buzz, Jessie, and the rest of Andy’s faithful toys wonder what will become of them. But, when a mix-up lands them at Sunnyside Daycare, they meet a host of new toys and soon discover a wild new adventure is just beginning!
Buzzing with hours of exclusive bonus features including an interactive trivia game, and teh Pixar short film Day & Night, Toy Story 3 goes to infinity and beyond on Blu-ray Hi-Def!
Suggested retail prices for Toy Story 3 are $45.99 (US) / $52.99 (Canada) for the 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy), $39.99 (US) / $47.99 (Canada) for the 2-Disc Blu-ray, and $29.99 (US) / $35.99 (Canada) for the Single Disc DVD.
Also available on November 2nd is an exciting Ultimate Toy Box 3-Movie Collection that contains all three Toy Story releases on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy. Priced at $100.00 (US) / $115 (Canada), this release contains:
– Toy Story – 1 Disc DVD; 1 Disc Blu-ray; 1 Disc Digital Copy
– Toy Story 2 – 1 Disc DVD; 1 Disc Blu-ray; 1 Disc Digital Copy
– Toy Story 3 – 1 Disc DVD; 2 Disc Blu-ray; 1 Disc Digital Copy
TOY STORY 3 – BONUS FEATURES:
– “Day & Night” – The innovative and entertaining short from the imagination of Pixar artist and Director Teddy Newton.
– Toys! – A closer look at all of Toy Story 3‘s beloved toys from updating the classic characters to the creation of the Sunnyside Daycare and Bonnie’s Room toys.
– Buzz Lightyear Mission Logs: The Science of Adventure – Produced in conjunction with NASA, this hybrid animation documentary of Buzz’s visit to the International Space Station focuses on research in zero gravity and Buzz’s triumphant return to Earth.
– Path’s to Pixar: Editorial – Pixar editors, past and future, share anecdotes about their careers
– The Gang’s All Here – A touching look at the returning voice talent for Toy Story 3 and an introduction to the voices of the new characters.
– A Toy’s Eye View: Creating A Whole New Land – A sneak peek at the new Toy Story-themed playland at Hong Kong Disneyland.
– “Studio Stories” – A series of amusing animated anecdotes about life at Pixar.
(1) “Where’s Gordon?” – An animator finds a hidden room at Pixar
(2) “Cereal Bar” – The majestic and expansive Pixar cereal bar is explored.
(3) “Clean Start” – The Toy Story 3 animators shave their heads to mark the start of the film.
BLU-RAY COMBO PACK: Everything on the DVD plus….
– Toy Story Trivia Dash – This cool game challenges you to sprint to the finish with Woody, Buzz, Jessie and Rex as you quickly answer questions about all three Toy Story movies.
– Cine-Explore – Commentary by Director Lee Unkrich and Producer Darla K. Anderson.
– Beyond the Toybox: An Alternative Commentary Track Featuring Leads from Story, Tech, Art, and Animation – Commentary by Story Supervisor Jason Katz, Supervising Technical Director Guido Quaroni, Production Designer Bob Pauley and Supervising Animators Bobby Podesta and Michael Venturini.
– Beginnings: Setting A Story In Motion – Screenwriter Michael Arndt analyzes successful opening scenes from Toy Story, Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles.
– Bonnie’s Playtime: A Story Roundtable – A roundtable discussion with Director Lee Unkrich and the story artists who brought the “Bonnie’s Playtime” scene to life.
– Roundin’ Up A Western Opening – The development of the movie’s exciting opening scene.
– Life Of A Shot – Toy Story 3 artists and technicians describe their contributions to a few of the shots in the film’s “Western Opening.”
– Goodbye Andy – An exploration of character design, acting and animation in the scene “Andy’s Goodbye.”
– Accidental Toymakers – By creating the Toy Story characters, the Pixar filmmakers found themselves in the unlikely role of toy designers. Meet the toy company that took a chance on manufacturing the now iconic toys and learn of their incredible success that began with a modest number of Woody and Buzz Lightyear toys 15 years ago.
– Making of “Day & Night” – The story behind the unique 2D/3D blended short.
The Rides (Bonus)
John Morris (Bonus)
Lending a Voice (Bonus)
Cereal Bar (Bonus)
Dancing with the Stars (Bonus)
I really enjoyed watching Toy Story 3 and the boys had no issue laughing out loud throughout the movie. I especially loved it when Buzz Lightyear spoke Spanish….after all, he is one of my favorite characters in the movie. Wowzas! I hope that Walt Disney Home Entertainment will be coming with a Toy Story 4. You have to check out the adorable Disney-Pixar short, “Day & Night,” as well as the “Studio Stories” and Toy Story Trivia Dash! A big thank you goes out to Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment for another amazing, heartwarming, family movie!
I received a copy of “Toy Story 3” on DVD from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment to facilitate this review. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.