Halloween Recipe: Turkey Lit’l Smokies Mummy Dogs & Giveaway
Halloween is coming up this Sunday and you may be trying to think of what kind of fun Halloween finger foods you can serve at your party or get-together. You may even just be looking for a fun dish to serve your little ghouls and goblins! Hilllshire Farm is introducing the new Turkey Lit’l Smokies and a fun recipe called Turkey Lit’l Smokies Mummy Dogs. They are easy to make, fun to look at, and taste good! The recipe is affordable and easy to follow!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 16 servings (2 Mummy Dogs each)
32 Hillshire Farm Turkey Lit’l Smokies
1 (8 oz) can Refrigerated Crescent Dough Rolls
Mustard or ketchup, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Unroll dough, separate at perforations, creating 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal.
3. With a knife or pizza cutter cut each rectangle lengthwise into 8 strips making a total of 32 strips. Wrap one strip of dough around each Lit’l Smokies stretching dough slightly to look like bandages, leaving tip exposed to create face. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Draw features on tip of Lit’l Smokies to create face. Serve with mustard or ketchup, if desired.
These are easy to make and taste good. I really enjoyed eating them, but the boys were too distracted with their friends and Halloween projects to sit down and enjoy the Mummy Dogs. These are ideal to make for family gatherings or Halloween parties where people will be eating finger foods. The Turkey Lit’l Smokies taste just as good as the original Lit’l Smokies. Thank you to Hillshire Farm for this review, giveaway, and fun recipe.
5 lucky readers on The Mommy-Files will win 2 coupons for a FREE package of Hillshire Farm Lit’l Smokies!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment one fun food you like to serve on Halloween in your family!
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Thursday, November 11th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received samples from Hillshire Farm to facilitate this review. The giveaway was sponsored by Hillshire Farm. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.