Elmer’s Fix It or Toss It Giveaway
I was very flattered when a rep for Elmer’s asked me to become a member of the Elmer’s Expert Mom Panel. In a house with 3 young boys, you can imagine how often we deal with broken things. Whether it’s from throwing, bashing together, or just wearing out, toys (and other items) can break.
This time, the broken item was my fault. Dangit! You see, each Sunday, I sit the boys down and give them coins for their weekly “allowance” to save and put into their cute piggy banks! This last Sunday, I must have thought I had extra strength or something because I was holding two of the ceramic piggy banks (one in each arm). I then attempted to put them both up on the bookshelf above me at the same time. Well, I failed at this task and Sam’s piggy bank fell. While the other piggys may be going to market, this little piggy is off the shelf with a broken leg. I felt so terrible. I immediately went to my mom and told her what happened and asked her how I might be able to fix it. She directed me to my dad. My dad is the expert broken item fixer. He can glue almost anything back together. Plus, as an Elmer’s Expert Mom, I have connections to a source to help me with my dilemma! So, I’m hopeful that the little piggy will be back to work shortly thanks to Elmer’s Glue.
As we look forward to the changing colors of leaves, we begin storing things for the winter. In the process, we often move items that were out in the sun all summer long indoors. To help better prepare the home and prevent the need to throw out items come spring, Elmer’s is encouraging people to Fall Fix It! The opposite of spring cleaning, Fall Fix It is focused on offering consumer tips, how-to advice and more for simple fixes around the home so they enjoy the benefits of a well-kept home inside during the winter months and pull those outdoor items out – unscathed – come summer.
To kick off this effort, Elmer’s has declared the week of October 11th – 15th “Fall Fix It Week.” Among other efforts, Elmer’s will be providing consumers with tips and how-to advice for fixing common items around the home in addition to presenting a “Fix It or Toss It” scenerio each day, inviting consumers to offer an opinion via Facebook and Twitter on whether they’d toss or fix a pictured broken item. I’ll be there to join you, along with the other Elmer’s Mom Experts on the Panel!
In celebration of “Fall Fix It Week,” 3 lucky readers on The Mommy-Files will win an Elmer’s Prize Pack!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment a Fix It Scenario (aka broken item) in your home and whether you want to fix it or toss it.
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Follow Elmer’s on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway (#FallFixIt and #fixortoss) – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Elmer’s on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, October 10th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
The winning scenarios will be submitted to Elmer’s on Monday, October 11th and will appear on Elmer’s Facebook Page as part of the scenarios that consumers can weigh in on for whether to fix it or toss it.
I received samples from Elmer’s to facilitate this review. The giveaway was sponsored by Elmer’s. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.