Random Acts of Wellness Giveaway
I am excited to be working with the wonderful Motherhood again – this time in a campaign with Walgreens to promote wellness during the upcoming flu season! Having the flu is tough enough, but it’s even worse when you have the flu and still have the job of taking care of kids and running a household. The flu is disasterous for both young and old, but thankfully there is a way to lessen your chances of getting the flu – with an annual flu shot.
I can tell you that I wish I had already received my flu shot. I woke up on Monday throwing up and running to the bathroom every few minutes. Being sick definitely made it difficult to be an active mom in my boys’ lives until I was better. The flu is going around and it’s important to arm ourselves against it.
This time of year, many of us will get flu shots, but some people aren’t so lucky. I am excited to be one of 10 bloggers who was sent five Walgreens flu shot gift cards each to give to people in our community who need them. It’s a gift of good health to offer anyone – from local families in need to the elderly – who might be vulnerable to illness this year. As part of the campaign, we’re sharing our Random Acts of Wellness missions!
My mission is going to be aimed at giving the flu shot gift cards to those who want to get the flu shot but might not be able to afford it due to challenging economic times. I’d also like to give the gift cards to those who are especially vulnerable to the flu, such as older aged individuals or individuals with medical conditions that could be seriously affected if they were to get the flu.
We try to stay healthy around our house, but with 3 kids (two of which are in school), it can definitely be challenging. However, there are a few ways I try to keep us as healthy as possible.
Wash our hands. We wash our hands after using the restroom, after playing outside, and before eating food. If on an outing or car ride, we use hand sanitizer to clean our hands.
Take our vitamins. Every morning, the boys get a vitamin. When we are starting to feel sick, we increase the vitamin C, whether by drinking orange juice, drinking Emergen-C, or taking Vitamin C supplements.
Eat healthy foods. Eating lots of fruits and vegetables is so important to staying healthy. I don’t want to come across as someone who has mastered this because Lord knows I still have room for improvement. I do make a conscious effort to make sure my boys eat lots of fruits and vegetables though.
5 lucky readers on The Mommy-Files will each win a Walgreens flu shot gift card!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment one tip on how you keep your families healthy throughout the year!
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Monday, October 11th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I am working in partnership with Walgreens and TheMotherhood.com to cover the Random Acts of Wellness Campaign and have received a stipend. Gift cards were supplied by Walgreens. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.