Jif Peanut Butter Online Blogger Tasting
In August, I had the fun opportunity to participate in a Jif Peanut Butter Tasting Test. It was so much fun! I received a goody bag filled with the different flavors of Jif Peanut Butter – including Creamy, Crunchy, Creamy Peanut Butter & Honey, Natural Creamy, and Omega-3 Creamy. We purchased some foods for the taste test, including bananas, apples, grapes, bread, carrots, broccoli, celery, honey, dark chocolate, and bacon. It was so much fun, as I was able to reconnect with some of the bloggers I had met at the Smucker’s Pantry Event in 2009!
This Jif Peanut Butter Taste Test was a fun way to kickoff the 9th Annual Jif Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich Contest! It was so much fun! We logged into the site and were able to watch live feed of the Taste Test in the Jif Kitchen in Ohio, with Sarah Donahoe (a Jif kitchens rep) leading us through the taste test. We were able to communicate via the instant messenger option on the screen. It was awesome and definitely something I would love to do again in the future!
About the 9th Annual Jif Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich Contest
– Families can foster creativity in their children in the kitchen and download an entry form at www.Jif.com. Entries close on October 22.
– For the first time entrants can now submit their entries in Spanish. Spanish entry forms are available at www.JifenEspanol.com.
– Sandwiches will be judged on the following criteria: creativity, taste, appearance, nutritional balance, and ease of preparation.
– Five semi-finalists will be selected to complete at a live judging event in New York. One grand prize winner will win a $25,000 scholarship fund. Four runners up will each receive $2,500 scholarship funds.
– This past year’s winner was Rachel Granillo, 10, of Clovis, CA, who paired the Jif Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter with apples, grapes, and chicken combined in a lettuce wrap, called “PB & Fruity says ‘Let Us Rap.'” (Recipes and images available)
On July 29th, Jif launched a new Moms Voice Their Choice Contest, where moms (or those inspired by one) can share stories about the choices they make for their families. Adults can visit www.Jif.com to submit an essay – 250 words or less – answering one of the following questions:
1. How do you, as a Mom, make the best choices for your family?
2. How have you observed a Mom making the best choices for her family?
– One grand prize winner will win a trip to New York City to serve as a judge at the final 9th Annual Jif Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich Contest event in March 2011.
We had the opportunity to try some yummy and “interesting” combinations of peanut butter with different food items.
– I love the Crunchy Peanut Butter with apple slices, grapes,and carrots. The broccoli was actually pretty good dipped in the Creamy Peanut Butter.
– If you like hummus, a yummy combination is hummus and Omega-3 Peanut Butter (1 part hummus to 2 parts Creamy Peanut Butter). Spread the mixture on Pita Chips or dip carrots into.
– Another yummy combination is the Jif Creamy Peanut Butter and Pillsbury Vanilla (or Chocolate) Frosting. Mix together – a 1 to 1 ratio of peanut butter and frosting. Spread on a graham cracker and top with shaved dark chocolate. Yummy!
– Another winner is the combination of Jif Natural Peanut Butter with a little bit of cinnamon and some honey (measure based on taste). Mix the ingredients in a ziploc baggie, squishing around to mix. Snip the corner and squirt out on to an apple slice or press into granola and eat.
– The most interesting combination was that of Jif Creamy Peanut Butter or Jif Creamy Peanut Butter & Honey, bananas, bacon, bread, and honey. First, you spread the peanut butter on some flat bread. I used white since I didn’t have any flat bread. Add slices of bacon, then add sliced bananas, and then drizzle honey over the top. It was definitely an interesting combination, but I think I’d prefer the bacon on the side. However, I do think that the peanut butter, bananas, and honey were a good combination. At least I can say I tried it! LOL
– How many peanuts are there in a 28-oz jar of Jif Creamy Peanut Butter? (average jar has 1000 peanuts)
– Based on a vote of the participating bloggers, most preferred Crunch Peanut Butter over Creamy Peanut Butter!
Yummy Recipes Submitted by Jif Kitchens
Peanut Butter Apple Rings
– 1/3 cup Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Spread
– 4 teaspoons honey
– 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 large red delicious apple, colored and cut crosswise into 6 rings
– 1/2 cup granola cereal with raisins
1. STIR peanut butter, honey and cinnamon in small bowl. Arrange apple rings on serving plates. Spread rings evenly with thin layer of peanut butter mixture.
2. LIGHTLY PRESS granola cereal into peanut butter mixture. Serve immediately.
Thai Peanutty Dipping Sauce
– 1/2 cup Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
– 1/4 cup lite soy saue
– 1/4 cup water
– 5 tablespoons dark brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
– 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
– 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
– 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1. COMBINE all ingredients in medium bowl with a whisk until thoroughly combined.
TIP: May be heated in microwave, covered, 45 to 50 seconds, if desired. Great as a dipping sauce for chicken or pork.
Peanut Butter Glazed Popcorn
– Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
– 2 (2.8 to 3.0 oz) bags microwaved popcorn, popped
– 1 cup Jif Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter or Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
– 1 cup light corn syrup
– 3 tablespoons butter
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. HEAT oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray rimmed baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
2. PLACED popped popcorn in a very large bowl or Dutch oven.
3. COMBINE peanut butter, corn syrup, butter and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat, add vanilla and stir to combine.
4. POUR warm peanut butter mixture over popcorn, stirring gently to combine. When all popcorn appears evenly coated with peanut butter mixture, spread evenly on prepared baking sheet.
5. BAKE 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and allow to cool. May be stored in airtight container for up to one week.
I received free product samples and a gift card to purchase additional ingredients from Jif for the online blogger peanut butter tasting. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.