Wilton Cake Decorating Course Giveaway
I have LOVED working with Wilton and am honored to be working with the team as a Wilton Mom Ambassador. Birthdays, holidays, and other celebrations are very important in my family and, thanks to Wilton, I have a way to make these special events even more special. Plus, amazing memories are created through Wilton products! In June, 7 of us bloggers had the opportunity to fly out to Chicago and learn more about the all-new Wilton Decorating Basics Course!
After completion of the lessons, I had greater confidence in decorating cakes for my family and felt a feeling of accomplishment by the end of the course. If you are looking for a way to express your creativity and want to learn more about cake decorating, this is definitely a course you should check out! It’s affordable and fun! Here is a breakdown of the Wilton Decorating Basics Course.
– How to Bake a Great Cake
– Icing Ingredients
– Class Buttercream Icing, Icing Consistency
– Featherweight Bags and Couplers
– Filling the Decorating Bag
– Leveling and Torting the Cake
– Filling Between the Layers
– Icing the Cake
– Decorating Tips
– Getting Started, Using the Star Tip
– Smoothing the Icing, Piping Gel Pattern Transfer
– Getting Started
– Bag Position
– Pressure Control, Curving Line, and Tight Zigzag
– Dimensional Decorating, Coloring Your Icing
– Getting Started
– Drop Flower, Rosette
– Pompom Flower, Leaves
– Filling and Icing a Cupcake, Shaggy Mum
– Guidelines for Elementary Cake Design
– Getting Started
– Printing, Writing, Rose Base
– Ribbon Rose
– Guidelines for Decorating Your Cake
I definitely enjoyed myself in the Wilton Decorating Basics Course! When I finished the course, I felt much more confident that I could decorate an amazing cake for my family and friends! Not only did I feel successful at cake decorating, but I had so much fun! The teachers were amazing and the other bloggers in the class made it that much more fun! Thank you for such an amazing opportunity!
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win an amazing Prize Package from Wilton! The winner and a friend will each receive a $50 gift card to cover the cost of the Wilton Method Course tuition (any course you’d like to take – Decorating Basics, Gum Paste & Fondant, or Flowers & Cake Design) at a local retailer. The winner and friend will also receive a student kit for the Wilton Method Course chosen, and a package containing many class supplies needed for the course.
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment which course you would choose if you won this giveaway!
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Wilton on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Wednesday, September 15th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
Specific Wilton Rules:
– The winner and their guest are responsible for their own transportation to and from the location where the Wilton Method Course is held.
– Wilton Method Courses are scheduled by local retailers and Wilton does not have any control over when the classes are held. Please check with your local retailer to learn more about Wilton Method Course availability in your area.
I had the opportunity to attend a Wilton Decorating Basics Course to facilitate this review. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.