Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Review & Giveaway
I love Hershey’s products and was excited to have the opportunity to try Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Treats! I received Hershey’s Special Dark and Hershey’s Extra Dark Chocolate. I am personally more fond of milk chocolate, but for the dark chocolate variety, Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate was my favorite. My mom loves Dark Chocolate and was thrilled to try out the samples! Hershey’s, as always, did a fantastic job with their dark chocolate products.
Hershey’s Extra Dark Chocolate is the only chocolate to receive the Best Life Treat Seal of Approval from fitness and health expert Bob Greene. The Best Life Treat Seal of Approval is awarded to treats that feature a portion size of 150 calories or less, are free of partially hydrogenated oil, meet sodium and other nutrition criteria and/or have another plus, such as the antioxidants in dark chocolate.
If you aren’t a dark chocolate lover, you’ll like the nice transition that Hershey’s Special Dark Dark Chocolate offers. I really liked it, especially with the almonds!
“If you are looking to get into shape and lose weight for swimsuit season, you don’t have to drop chocolate from your diet – just eat in moderation. For instance, if you’re sticking to 1,600 calories per day, 100 of those calories can come from treats. On a diet of 1,700 calories per day; you can have a 150 calorie treat. In general, the more you exercise, the more total calories – and treat calories – you can have,” said Greene. “Dark chocolate, like Hershey’s Extra Dark, is a smart way to treat yourself as you get in shape for swimsuit season. The Best Life portion of three tasting squares allows you to break up your diet to include necessary indulgences – keeping you on track to live your best life.”
Greene recommends three easy-to-follow phases to stay on track for looking your best this swimsuit season.
- Change Habits: Making a few key adjustments to your routine can mean big results, both in terms of health and weight-loss. The dietary changes include eating three meals, a snack or two, and a treat, and curtailing eating and drinking at least two hours before bedtime. On the exercise front, aim to gradually add minutes to your regular workouts and keep up your intensity – it doesn’t matter if you’re walking or working out at the gym.
- Manage Hunger and Control Portions: Use Bob’s 10-point hunger scale to differentiate true hunger from emotional eating. Ideally, you should start a meal when you’re just beginning to get hungry, but not ravenous (a three or four on the hunger scale) and finish the meal when you’re at a five (you’re fairly satisfied, but could eat a little more) or six (perfectly comfortable and satisfied).
- Fine-Tune Your Diet: Include a variety of colors of fruits and vegetables in your diet. Colors are a good indicator of the vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients that each food contains. Also, whole grains, beans, nuts and seeds help maintain a well-rounded and wholesome diet.
You can find Hershey’s Extra Dark Chocolate or Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate in the candy section in a store near you! Try them today!
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a variety pack including Hershey’s Extra Dark and Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Treats:
– Bar/pouch combo of Hershey’s Extra Dark Pure Dark Chocolate in one of the following flavors:
— Hershey’s Extra Dark Pure Dark Chocolate
— Hershey’s Extra Dark Pure Dark Chocolate with Cranberries, Blueberries and Almonds
— Hershey’s Extra Dark Pure Dark Chocolate infused with Raspberry flavor
— Hershey’s Extra Dark Pure Dark Chocolate with Pomegranate flavor
– 1 box Hershey’s Special Dark Mildly Sweet Chocolate Bars with Almonds (24 bars in each box)
– 1 bag Hershey’s Miniatures Assortment
Tell me in a comment one of your favorite Hershey’s products!
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Thursday, July 22nd, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received product samples from Hershey’s to facilitate this review. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.