Thai Kitchen Review & Giveaway
I love to cook and was excited to prepare a dinner for my family. I made Jasmine Rice, Red Curry Shrimp and Kitchen, and Original Pad Thai – all using Thai Kitchen products. My parents loved it and so did the boys. It was requested that I make it again in the near future! That’s always a great response when it comes to new recipes I try out. I’ve made the Red Curry Chicken before, but decided I wanted to do a combination of shrimp and chicken and it was so good! Here is the recipe below:
Thai Kitchen Red Curry Shrimp
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings.
1 can (14 oz) Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
2 tbsp. Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
1 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup assorted vegetables, such as snap peas, bamboo shoots, and sliced red bell pepper
1/4 cup fresh Thai basil (optional)
2 tbsp. Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce
Fresh red chiles, thinly sliced (optional)
**I didn’t use the Thai basil or the red chiles. I also only used sweet peppers since I didn’t have the other veggies on hand.**
Bring Coconut Milk to simmer in large skillet on medium heat. Stir in Curry Paste and sugar until well blended; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
Stir in shrimp and vegetables. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are tender crisp. (Note: It took my shrimp about 10 minutes to cook) Stir in basil and Fish Sauce.
Serve with cooked Thai Kitchen Jasmine Rice. Garnish with additional basil and chile slices, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tip: Thai basil has dark green leaves with purple stems and has a licorice flavor. It can be found in most Asian groceries. If unavailable, substitute Italian basil.
Green Curry Shrimp: Prepare as directed, using 1 tablespoon Thai Kitchen Green Curry Paste in plae of the Red Curry Paste. For added heat, use 2 tablespoons Green Curry Paste.
I love Thai Kitchen products and can’t wait to try out more of their easy and delicious recipes! I also love that I don’t have to go to an Asian grocery store to buy the products for recipes I love….I can find them in my local grocery store! I am happy to feature Thai Kitchen and find their products to be affordable and high quality. Thank you Thai Kitchen for an amazing product line!
2 lucky readers on The Mommy-Files will receive a Thai Kitchen cookbook, filled with some of your favorite recipes!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
Visit Thai Kitchen online and tell me in a comment a recipe you’d love to try!
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Friday, July 16th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received product samples from Thai Kitchen to facilitate this review. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.