LeapFrog Leapster Explorer Review & Giveaway
My boys and I love LeapFrog products and we were thrilled to have the opportunity to try out one of their newest products – the LeapFrog Leapster Explorer. My 6 year old and 4 year old both love it! There is only problem I have with it – I only have one and they have to share it – lol! I love that it is a fun, handheld learning device with educational games they can play on the go or during quiet time. It’s amazing the things they learn when they play with it.
The Leapster Explorer will be available in stores and online on July 15th and will retail for $69.99. It’s a perfect gift for a birthday or Christmas (yep, you should start planning now). The Leapster Explorer is a new learning experience that encourages children to discover something new every day with endless ways to play and learn – from games, e-Books, videos, and online play to customizable learning skills and more.
– Children can learn school skills like reading, math, science and geography, plus creativity and life skills like music, health and problem solving.
– Expand the fun and learning in LeapWorld – a safe, online world of learning games and activities. Children can play unique games that connect their online and on-the-go play and learning.
– Parents can connect to the online LeapFrog Learning Path to see what their child is playing and learning, and explore ways to expand their child’s learning journey.
What does the LeapFrog Leapster Explorer teach kids?
1 – World Geography: When children first learn about world geography it is often in terms of the habitat of different animals. Children go on to learn about the different countries around the world, the different types of flora and fauna and the cultures of the people who live there.
2 – Basic Science Concepts: The study of science begins with something that children have in abundance: curiosity. Children observe, investigate, and draw conclusions as they make discoveries about the world around them.
3 – Real-World Math: Real world math uses everyday examples to help children understand the practical application of math. Counting money, comparing temperatures round the world and using fractions to double or half a recipe are typical real-world math problems.
4 – Reading Fluency: Fluency is a reading term that means a child can recognize common words at a glance, and can read in meaningful chunks, or phrases, rather than reading one word at a time. Fluency contributes to the reader’s enjoyment and comprehension of books.
You can find the LeapFrog Leapster Explorer on shelves on July 15th. It will be available in green or pink and retails for $69.99. Also available will be Cartridge Games ($24.99), Pack of 2 Leaplet Learning App download cards ($7.99), and the Camera Accessory ($24.99 – available this Fall). You won’t want to miss this Kid’s Learning Experience!
I like that this handheld game has educational value and isn’t just a “waste of time.” I like that the batteries are easy to change (opening and closing the cover isn’t a hassle). I love that my boys enjoy playing with it! I can’t wait for them to try out the new games coming out this Fall! Thank you LeapFrog for another amazing product!!!
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a LeapFrog Leapster Explorer and “Toy Story 3” Game Cartridge!!!
WIN IT!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment one other LeapFrog product you love or would love to have!
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, July 11th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a product sample from LeapFrog to facilitate this review. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.