Sweetie’s Great American Road Trip Giveaway
I used to love going to Souplantation when I was younger. I loved the all-you-can-eat soup, salad, bread, dessert, and more. Plus, it’s an affordable meal idea when you want to go out as a family on a budget!
Through the end of May, Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes are touring selected states in the Sweetie’s Great American Road Trip! Sweetie, the beloved mascot of Sweet Tomatoes and Souplantation, recently kicked off a Great American Road Trip to help raise money for Boys & Girls Club of America. He started in Florida and has been making stops across the country, making his way back to San Diego, the Garden Fresh headquarters. In each tour, 20% of the entire day’s sales will benefit the local chapters of the Boys & Girls Club! Sweetie will also be making special guest appearances at select restaurant locations in each market.
Guests located outside one of the 12 tour stops can still celebrate May’s Great American Road Trip in stores and follow Sweetie online throughout his travels via a map that will show him moving across the country. The blog will experience a full Sweetie takeover and he’ll also be keeping everyone updated through on-the-road tweets.
Finally, the American Road Trip menu, Sweetie’s visits to the restaurants, activity sheets will be available for download all month as well as different American Road Trip themed desktops and screensaver and fundraiser fliers online.
On the specified date, all restaurants in the tour city will participate in the 20% fundraiser:
Pacific Northwest (all Oregon and Washington locations) – May 17
Bay Area, California – May 20
Los Angeles – May 24
Orange County – May 25
San Diego – May 26
Sweetie will appear at the following locations at the following times:
May 17 – Clackamas, OR restaurant location from 12-3pm
May 17 – Vancouver, WA restaurant location from 5-8pm
May 20 – Downtown San Jose, CA restaurant location from 4-5pm
May 20 – Fremont, CA restaurant location from 6-7pm
May 20 – Pleasanton, CA restaurant location from 7:30-8:30pm
May 24 – Los Angeles – TBD
May 25 – Orange County – TBD
May 26 – Encinitas (San Diego area) location from 4-6pm
May 26 – Mission Gorge (San Diego area) location from 5-7pm
The May Great American Road Trip menu will feature regional favorites including:
– California Cobb Tossed Salad
– Chesapeake Corn Chowder soup
– Texas Longhorn Beef Chili Soup
– Neighbor Joe’s Gumbo Soup
– Orange Creamsicle Lava Cake
– French Quarter Praline Muffin
To celebrate this special event, Sweetie is also giving away 3 passes to Souplantation or Sweet Tomatoes to 1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files!!!
Visit The Great American Road Trip online and tell me in a comment one of the menu items you’d love to try on your next visit!
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Visit Sweetie’s Blog and leave a comment saying you came from The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per comment
– Visit either Souplantation or Sweet Tomatoes during the promotion and leave me a comment telling me what city you visited in – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Friday, May 21st, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received no compensation for writing this post. This review was written as part of a campaign with Family Review Network. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.