Domino’s Pizza New Recipe Giveaway
It’s been a long time since I’ve eaten a Domino’s Pizza. I was excited to hear that Domino’s had a new recipe for the sauce they use on their pizzas. I was even more excited to have the opportunity to try one of their all new recipe pizzas!
In celebration of their 50 year anniversary, Domino’s is pleased to introduce their all-new recipe! “2010 will be our 50th year in the business, and we are kicking it off with the most aggressive promotion in the history of our company,” said Domino’s Chairman and CEO David A. Brandon. “This is the biggest product introduction we’ve done since….well, pizza.”
The primary changes include:
– Crust – A garlic seasoned crust with parsley baked to a golden brown
– Sauce – Sweeter, bolder tomato sauce with a medley of herbs and a red pepper kick
– Cheese – Shredded cheese made with 100% real mozzarella and flavored with just a hint of provolone
Domino’s Pizza has essentially “reinvented the Domino’s Brand.” “The fact is, we love our pizza, but as times change, so do consumer tastes,” said Russell Weiner, Domino’s Chief Marketing Officer. “We’ve created a pizza to reflect what consumers are looking for. We’re not talking about a slightly-altered version of our previous pizza. It’s a completely new pizza reinvented from the crust up, and we are proud of it. To us, it’s as big as McDonald’s changing the Big Mac, or Burger King reinventing the Whopper. We spent the last 18 months reinventing the brand in anticipation of our 50th anniversary.”
Weiner noted that more than 80 percent of the Domino’s menu is new since 2008. Added to the menu since that time:
– Oven Baked Sandwiches, available in 8 delicious varieties
– Domino’s American Legends, a line of premium specialty pizzas
– Breadbowl Pasta, five varieties of pasta baked into a seasoned bread bowl
– Chocolate Lava Crunch Cakes, oven-baked chocolate cakes, crunchy on the outside, with warm flowing chocolate fudge inside
“The cherry on the top of all this recent innovation is our newly-inspired pizza,” said Weiner. “Our inspiration came from the thousands of direct consumer feedback messages on several social media channels. Over a two-year period, we tested dozens of cheeses, 15 sauces, and nearly 50 crust seasoning blends and researched every possible combination with customers who order from us all the time and customers who haven’t tried us in years. Our extensive research showed that the new pizza is significantly improved over our previous pizza.”
“We’ve been known for service,” said Weiner. “With this new pizza we are convinced Domino’s can be known for both quality and service. That’s why we’re introducing this new pizza with a guarantee: If you are not completely satisfied with your Domino’s Pizza experience, we will make it right or refund your money.
“The entire company has been involved in this,” Weiner continued. “From our CEO to our franchises; from our supply chain division to our supply partners; from our product development team to our marketers — everyone has had a hand in reinventing our pizza.”
I ordered my pizza online, which was an amazing experience by itself. I couldn’t believe how simple it was! I simply ordered the type of pizza I wanted – choosing the pizza size, type of crust, sauce, and toppings. Once I placed the order, I could track the progress of my pizza. It started with the placement of the order to order received to pizza baking to pizza out for delivery. I had a good idea of when my pizza would actually be arriving. Plus, the pizza was really good! It tasted so good! I’m thinking about it right now and wishing I had some pizza to eat! I would definitely order from Domino’s Pizza again (even online)!
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a $20 gift card to Domino’s Pizza!!!
Tell me in a comment what type of pizza you would order (crust, sauce, toppings).
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Wednesday, April 14th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a sample of the product from Domino’s Pizza to facilitate this review. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.