Update on The Mommy-Files

In Blogging Randomness
March 31, 2010

You’ve probably noticed that I haven’t been blogging as much in the past few weeks. Things have been very crazy and I’ve been trying to get my life in order. I’m not going to go into details, but if you pray, I just ask that you keep us in your prayers.

The 3 boys and I are now in California and they love being able to see their grandparents (and vice versa). Brian has started a new school. It’s the same school that 2 of his cousins attend. In fact, one of his cousins is in his class! He is loving it and quickly making new friends. Brian also helps Grandpa in the yard…pulling weeds and learning about flowers.

Dallen is in Preschool and loves it as well. He is pretty much potty trained and even stands up at the potty now! Who said peer pressure was always bad? He earned Toy Frogs and Turtles when my parents were visiting and hauls them everywhere in his little red bag. These were the treasures he received for using the big boy potty. He is very proud of his collection!

Sam is almost 2. I’ll leave it at that. I’m just kidding! He’s doing great and loves helping his Grandpa feed the birds. He also loves following his big brothers around the house and trying to be like them.

I just wanted to let you all know that we are doing as well as can be and that I will still be blogging, just not as frequently as I once was.

I want to say thanks to my friends who are there for me and who lend me an ear and their support…even when they had no idea what was going on. A big thanks goes to my readers as well. If it weren’t for you, The Mommy-Files wouldn’t be around!

17 Responses to “Update on The Mommy-Files”

1. Nichol says:

Oh hugs. Hope everything is ok and you got my prayers.

2. Lin says:

*hugs* I hope everything turns out ok, you’re in my prayers. Enjoy your time in CA!

3. Freda says:

Hope you are all great. Will keep you all in my prayers! Best wishes always!

4. April says:

You are in my prayers. I hope you continue with “The Mommy-Files”, I have been an email subscriber for a couple months and you have helped me. Recently, I remembered something you wrote about depression, I was going through a difficult time and reread your article. I realized that I was depressed and am currently working with my doctor to help find the right medication for me. It is amazing the number of people that don’t understand how depression effects every aspect of your life. Thanks for helping me!!!

5. Karen R says:

You and your family are in my prayers.

6. (((Shannon))) I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

7. LyndiLou says:

Shannon… You’re in my thoughts and prayers! Everything will be alright. Thanks for letting us know… you are unbelievably sweet! ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Natalie V. says:

We’ll keep your family in our prayers. Blessings for the days to come…

9. Becky says:

My heart breaks for you and all you’re going through right now. I do believe in the power of prayer and will cretainly keep you and your family in mine. May bountiful blessing be right around the corner!

10. Lauralee Hensley says:

You and your family are in my prayers. God Bless.

11. Robin says:

Hi Shannon-
    I miss you. Let me know if I can help. Hope our construction project didn’t push you away…
    Much Love.
    Robin

12. I’m a huge fan of your blog but understand for everything there is a time and season. Take care of you and yours and you know we will be around. Hugs!

13. Noreen says:

I am saying a prayer for you and hope whatever is wrong will get better.

14. Aggie says:

Shannon: I hope all will turn out good for you and your family. I am keeping you and yours in my prayers.

15. Shannon – I didn’t know all of this was going on – I feel like a horrible friend : (

It sounds like the boys are surrounded by love (and you too!), and I hope you will be very happy here in California. You are only 4 hours away from me now (well 3 hours and 20 minutes the way I drive LOL).

Hugs to you – I’m hear if you ever need to talk okay?

16. Brittany says:

I’m sending a prayer your way. I have really enjoyed your blog but life happens, so take care of yourself and your family.

17. Jessie C. says:

Shannon, I hope everything well for you and your family. You’re all in my prayers, take good care!