Elvis 75 CD Review and Giveaway
Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to the King of Rock N Roll! Happy Birthday to you! It’s a belated birthday to the late Elvis Presley – the King of Rock N Roll, as he celebrated his 75th Birthday on January 8th, 2010. In celebration of his 75th birthday, Legacy Recordings is proud to announce the release of “Elvis 75-Good Rockin’ Tonight” on CD! This CD represents the ultimate career-spanning collection of seminal recordings by Elvis Presley. It includes four cds with 100 songs, representing a broad collection of hit singles, deep album tracks, live performances, and rarities and is available everywhere now! Disc 1 features songs from 1953-1957. Disc 2 features songs from 1958-1962. Disc 3 features songs from 1963-1969. Disc 4 features songs from 1970-1977. The songs range from the first demo acetate that Elvis made at the Memphis Recording Service of Sun Records as a gift for his mother in 1953 (“My Happiness”), to a sampling of Sun Records sides produced by Sam Phillips in 1954-55 (“That’s All Right,” “Blue Moon Of Kentucky,” “Good Rockin’ Tonight,” and more), through 21 and a half years of RCA tracks, from 1956 to 1977. Click Here for complete box set track list. You can purchase “Elvis 75-Good Rockin’ Tonight“for $48.28 (retails for $59.98) now!
There is also a single disc edition of “Elvis 75 (1 CD).” I received this CD and absolutely love it! I can only imagine how much more amazing the Box Set is. We are Elvis fans in our home and my family had a blast singing and dancing to the Elvis 75 CD! Some of my favorite songs include “Hound Dog,” “All Shook Up,” “Jailhouse Rock,” “Can’t Help Falling in Love,” and “How Great Thou Art.”
The CD Playlist includes the following songs:
(1) That’s All Right
(2) I Forgot to Remember to Forget
(3) Heartbreak Hotel
(4) Blue Suede Shoes
(5) Hound Dog
(6) Don’t Be Cruel
(7) Love Me Tender
(8) Love Me
(9) All Shook Up
(10) Jailhouse Rock
(12) It’s Now or Never
(13) Are You Lonesome Tonight?
(14) Little Sister
(15) Can’t Help Falling in Love
(16) Viva Las Vegas
(17) How Great Thou Art
(18) Guitar Man
(19) If I Can Dream
(20) In the Ghetto
(21) Suspicious Minds
(22) Polk Salad Annie
(23) An American Trilogy
(24) Burning Love
(25) Always on My Mind
The King of Rock N Roll’s birthday was also celebrated for 4 days at the Graceland estate, outside of Memphis. In addition to the annual birthday proclamation ceremony on the front lawn of Graceland, events included parties, dances, and panel discussions.
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a copy of “Elvis 75” on CD!!!
Tell me in a comment one of your favorite Elvis songs!
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on the Web’s Top Giveaway Blog (click, select The Mommy-Files, and vote) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, February 28th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a copy of “Elvis 75” on CD from Sony Music to facilitate this review. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.