“Making a Family Home” Book Review & Giveaway
I recently had the opportunity to review a book called, Making a Family Home, by Shannon Honeybloom. I really enjoyed reading through it! I love that Shannon invites us into her home and life and tells us how she has made (and how we can make) a house into our home. I love that she involves her children in daily chores and activities and strives to warm up different parts of the home. Some of the chapters of her book include “At Home with Children,” “The Front Porch,” “The Playroom,” “The Backyard and Garden,” and more!
Shannon Honeybloom says, “More than merely a dwelling, the definition of home extends beyond the meaning of a house and contains an additional poetic meaning. There’s the saying, ‘Home is where the heart is.’ Creating a home for our family can be both a challenge and a pleasure. Creating a home is a process of imbuing our space with soul and spirit, surrounding our family with love, care, comfort.”
Inside “Making a Family Home,” you will learn:
• How to make your home warm and cozy
• How to support your child’s development at home
• How to involve your children in homemaking – cooking, crafting, cleaning, and so on
• How to create routines that support difficult transitions (bedtime, mealtime, and so on)
• How to get more play and leisure use out of your yard
• How to create a community of support for your family life
I think this is a great book for families who have a desire to have a home versus just a “house” to live in. I love that she includes her family in the book. I love that I can identify with her and her family and that I can use her ideas to make my own house a “family home.” I give this book a 4 out of 5 rating for overall enjoyment.
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a copy of Making A Family Home!!!
Tell me in a comment why you want to win this book!
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on the Web’s Top Giveaway Blog (click, select The Mommy-Files, and vote) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Thursday, February 25th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a copy of “Making a Family Home” from Steiner Books to facilitate this review. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.