10 Tips for Creating A Fun Family Vacation
Going on vacation can be fun but challenging with little kids. Here are my 10 tips for creating a fun family vacation!
1) Sing fun songs together with your little ones – Wheels on the bus, She’ll be Coming Around the Mountain, and others
2) Play “I Spy” with your kids on a long road trip. We love to play the “I Spy” Game with our kids in the car. I spy something green – a tree. Or I spy something yellow – a sign. The kids love it and time flies by
3) Take lots of pictures. Your kids will love to look back on these pictures….or at them on your camera right after you take them – lol!
4) Bring games with you on your vacation. My kids love to play Candyland and the Curious George Discovery Beach Game.
5) Bring snacks they like. Part of keeping kids (and daddies) happy is making sure they have food to eat. Bring snacks like goldfish, dried apricots, trail mix, or other tasty treats.
6) Teach your kids about their surroundings, especially if you visit historical sites. Don’t be afraid to go for a walk around the city, on the beach, or on the lake. You’ll get exercise, bond with your child, and enjoy your surroundings all at the same time!
7) Let them get out and stretch. If you are on a long road trip, be sure to pull over and let the kids stretch and get their wiggles out.
8) Bring a favorite toy for them to play with on the trip. Being in an unfamiliar setting can be scary for kids, so it helps for them to have something they are familiar with that brings them comfort.
9) Visit family friendly spots. If you have young kids, choose a family friendly place to visit. For instance, you won’t want to take your kids into a Crystal or Antique store, but stopping by the Ice Cream Parlor would be a fun treat!
10) Tickle them and give them lots of hugs and kisses. Make your trip fun for them. Build your relationship with your kids and have a great time as a family!
I was not compensated for writing this post but am entering a contest at TwitterMoms. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.