Cooking with The Mommy-Files
I love Cuisinart products and recently had the opportunity to review a Cuisinart Rice Plus Multi-Cooker. I LOVE it! I love that it’s lightweight, has a handle, is easy to use, and does a great job preparing yummy meals! I recently prepared a recipe out of the Recipe Booklet called “Pasta with Four Cheeses.” It was pretty good, but a little on the expensive side. However, it was fun to try and tasted good when all was said and done!
– 1 pound Rotini Noodles (or large elbow macaroni noodles)
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (I used regular salted butter)
– 1 small shallot, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
– 3 garlic gloves (I used 4)
– 2 tablespoons unbleached, all-purpose flour
– 2 cups low-fat evaporated milk
– 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
– 6 ounces shredded extra sharp Cheddar (I used more than that – about 1 cup)
– 4 ounces shredded Gruyere cheese
– 2 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese (I used more than that – about 1/2 cup)
– 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (I used finely crushed saltines)
– 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan (or as much as you want)
Step 2: Put the butter in the cooking pot and selet the QUICK COOK function and press START. Once butter is hot and shimmering, about 2 minutes, add the shallot and garlic. Saute until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the flour; cook about 1 minute to reduce the flour taste. Stir in the milk and the dry mustart, salt, and pepper.
Step 3: Switch the cooker to the SLOW COOK function and set the timer for 3 hours. Add the reserved pasta and the Cheddar, Gruyere, and Mozzarella to the cooking pot. Stir thoroughly to combine. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and Parmesan. Close the lid of the cooker. Press START.
I received no monetary compensation for writing this post. I am sharing my experience with the Cuisinart products in my home. All opinions expressed in this post are my own.