“The Smurfs: World of Wonders” DVD Review & Giveaway
I remember watching “The Smurfs” on television when I was younger. Now it’s out on DVD. It was incredible sitting down with my boys and watching “The Smurfs Season 2, Vol. 3: World of Wonders.” I didn’t remember all of the characters names, but I remembered their faces and personalities. It was fun to watch my boys enjoy the show like I had when I was a kid. This show is definitely enjoyable by both kids and adults.
“The Smurfs: World of Wonders” was released in November of 2009. The DVD includes 5 episodes:
– “Sleepwalking Smurfs” – Gargamel uses Madame Trilby’s magic flute to lead sleeping Smurfs out of their village.
– “The Littlest Giant” – Papa Smurf helps a young run-away giant re-unite with his own family.
– “Squeaky” – Smurfette learns to value the passage of life when her pet mouse dies.
– “The Sorcery of Maltrochu” – Johan, Peewee and the Smurfs must restore a young royal who’s gone to the dogs, courtesy of an evil baron who wants to marry the beautiful Genevieve.
– “All’s Smurfy That Ends Smurfy” – Gargamel steals fairy gold and the fairies accuse the Smurfs of taking it which leads to an all-out war that Papa Smurf must stop.
You’ll love these little blue characters in these adorable episodes! There is also an Extra called “Meet the Smurfs,” where you’ll enter the village and learn about the individual Smurfs.
The Smurfs are a group of over 100 bluish, three-apple tall creatures who live in the mushroom homes of Smurf Village. They are led by 543-year-old Papa Smurf (who doesn’t look a day over 530). Their lives would be perfect were it not for the villainous Gargamel, a wizard who spends his days trying to capture them to eat, turn into gold, or for other evil reasons. Gargamel’s cat Azrael adds to the menace, always looking for a tasty, Smurfy snack.
Produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions, The Smurfs originally premiered as part of NBC’s Saturday morning programming lineup. The Emmy® nominated series ran for nine seasons on NBC earning a 42% share of the U.S. Saturday morning audience. The Smurfs: Season 1, Volume 1, The Smurfs: Season 1, Volume 2, The Smurfs: Volume 1 and The Smurfs: Volume 2 were all released by WHV in 2008 and 2009.
“What’s terrific about the Smurfs is that not only are the cartoons entertaining to watch, they also share some wonderful and inspiring life lessons, which is great for young viewers,” commented Amit Desai, WHV Vice President of Family, Animation & Sports Marketing. He added, “The Smurfs have experienced such longevity and world-wide popularity among consumers. They’ve been in existence for over 50 years, appearing in comics, films and merchandise. This series originally aired for nearly a decade and received several Emmy Award ® nominations and wins. We are proud to be associated with this remarkable brand.”
1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win a copy of “The Smurfs: World of Wonders” on DVD!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment why you want to win this giveaway!
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on the Web’s Top Giveaway Blog (click, select The Mommy-Files, and vote) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Tuesday, January 26th, 2010! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
I received a copy of “The Smurfs: World of Wonders” from Warner Home Video to review so I could write this post. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine.