“Dollars to Donuts” Book Review & Giveaway
Are you a busy parent living on a budget? If so, I have a book you will be interested in checking out! Dawn Welch, a proprietor of the historic Rock Café on Route 66 in Stroud, Oklahoma, has come up with a book that guides us family on making the most of every moment and dollar spent in the kitchen. While budgets have become tighter, our desires for good food hasn’t changed. In her new cookbook, Dollars to Donuts: Comfort Food and Kitchen Wisdom from Route 66’s Landmark Rock Cafe, Dawn helps her readers to cook and plan delicious meals that won’t break the bank or bore the taste buds.
The book reads: “Which meals are best for your family? The kind that taste great, don’t break the bank – and most importantly, don’t keep you chained to the stove all day. As the sole proprietor of her own restaurant and busy wife and mother of two, Dawn Welch has perfected the art of cooking smart, using short-order strategies and a little bit of advance planning to rack up huge savings of time, money, and effort at home on a daily basis, and now you can, too. These days everyone is keeping an eye on the bottom line, and Dawn is no different; she shares her best tips and tactics for stretching your food budget without giving up the favorite foods and special treats that make mealtime the best part of the day. Who wants to live on a steady diet of pasta and canned tuna? In Dollars to Donuts you’ll find plenty of savvy ways to serve up steaks, seafood, even luscious chocolate desserts without letting costs spiral out of control. She also dishes up great ideas for transforming basic foods – baked ham, roast chicken, meatball mix – into sexy new offerings that no one will recognize as a leftovers and offers great advice on how to stock your pantry and freezer for last-minute drop-ins and impromptu entertaining. Each recipe indicates cost per serving so you can choose the dishes that suit your budgetary needs, and a weekly meal planner helps streamline the process of pulling together menus and making the best use of your time and pantry. Icons throughout show which recipes are kid-friendly, which freeze like a dream, and much more. Think cooking healthful, cost-effective, crowd-pleasing meals is beyond your reach? Take a page out of Dawn Welch’s info-packed book and dollars to donuts, your family will be eating better than ever before and having more fun in the process!”
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs (simply click on the button on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Holiday Gift Guide button to your blog – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, December 27th, 2009! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
For more holiday gift ideas, visit Rockin’ Mama.
I received a copy of “Dollars to Donuts” from Rodale Books so I could review the book and write this post. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine!