My Most Surprising Gift

In Blogging Randomness
December 9, 2009

I love getting gifts, especially ones I already know about.  It makes me so nervous to open a gift I don’t know about and then have the fear that I may not know what it is or like and the gifter can see it on my face (to avoid this, be sure to smile the entire time you’re opening the gift – lol)!    The most surprising gift I’ve ever received (that I can think of at the moment) would be from my husband.  Nope, it wasn’t my engagement ring.  I knew that was coming, just not the timeframe.  It was for an anniversary that he gave me a gold locket with a picture of him in it.  Man, it kind of makes me tear up thinking about it.  I had never been given a locket before.  It was a really great surprise and I still have it to this day.  Now I just need a picture of my 3 boys to put in it – hint hint!

If you’re looking to give a surprising gift to someone, you should check out Target.  I LOVE Target!  I go there so often that I’m considered a regular and know some of the employees by name.  They always know I need help out to the car when leaving with my kids and groceries.

What’s your most surprising gift you’ve received?

12 Responses to “My Most Surprising Gift”

1. Dezi Allen says:

Ha ha. I’m totally the same way. I get so nervous about how my reaction will be.
    My most surprising gift was last year my husband got me a Cricut! I never imagined I’d be getting one of those, since money is super tight, but I LOVE it and loved that he sacrificed to get it for me.

2. Cathy says:

Wow – my favorite present ever is when my husband gave me a locket with my daughter’s picture in it. It holds four pictures and we currently have three kids (each with their picture in it). Hmmm…

3. Last year my husband totally surprised me and got me a Canon XSi. Oh how I love that camera!

4. fancygrlnancy says:

My husband is not good with surprises. He usually asks me what I want and has me pick it out. He is a worry wart and doesn’t want to make a mistake. But for our first Christmas he did get me a Tiffany necklace and bracet. Totally did not expect it. Great surprise!

5. So funny that lockets seem to be such a great gift! That was my most surprising gift as well. When we were dating my husband gave me a beautiful locket with both of our pictures in it. It touched me so much because I had always wanted a locket and had always dreamed that I would one day have a boyfriend who gave me a locket with his picture in it….dreams do come true (had to marry him after that…lol)!

6. My husband always gets me unusual things. Plush critters, online games, etc. So I sort of learned to expect the unexpected. I think the biggest surprise was when he proposed to me though. When he gave me a card at dinner which said “Will You Marry Me?” in it. Additionally, he provided me with a check list. Everything from Yes to No Way! Of course I gave him quite a shock when I told him that I couldn’t fill it out. He had such a worried look on his face. Then I told him that I didn’t have a pen. LOL You wouldn’t believe how quickly he flagged down the waitstaff for a pen. 🙂

7. I am always worried about my reaction too! LOL! I hate the thought of not being as excited as the giver would like me to be. Wow, my most surprising gift? Can’t really think of one! I was surprised to get the bath towels and bathmat I’ve been wanting for my birthday this year! Not excited to anyone but me! LOL! =)

8. Deb K says:

Believe it or not~I have 2 granddaughters that were born on Christmas Day! One will be 10 this year and the other 1.

9. Pinoko says:

talking about gift..

lets share this.. who knows it might what we are looking for coming x’mas..

Oh, I KNOW how to fake a happy face for unusual presents-It’s almost natural now LOL
    I think the most surprising gift I got was a 99 cent crowbar….

11. lily says:

my most surprising gift has to be this year, we didnt even have money to make me a birthday cake or card, and my mother in law and her mom surprised us and flew in from new york for the week i have such a wonderful relationship with her, she is my mom, that it just made for the most special gift ever 😉