Shankman & O’Neill Children’s Books Review & Giveaway
We love to read books in our family! I discovered Shankman & O’Neill and had the opportunity to review 3 wonderful children’s books – I Met a Moose in Maine One Day, The Boston Balloonies, and The Cods of Cape Cod. My boys loved the books and I enjoyed reading the books to them. My favorite was I Met a Moose in Maine One Day and their favorite was The Boston Balloonies. I LOVED the artwork in the books and the rhymes were tons of fun. I can’t wait to see what books Shankman & O’Neill come out with in the future! These books would make perfect holiday gifts for a young reader in your life!
I Met a Moose in Maine One Day was an amazing book and I absolutely loved the illustrations throughout the book. It was a fun book about a little boy and a Moose. The 2 of them play hide-and-seek (hard for a moose), walk into town, dance the night away, and then take off on an unforgettable, fun-filled adventure. Here is a short preview of this fun children’s book: “I met a moose in Maine One Day. Just how it happened, I can’t say. I brushed my teeth, I combed my hair And all at once, the moose was there!” This book retails for $14.95.
The Boston Balloonies is another fun book by Shankman & O’Neill. My boys really loved this book with all of the different shaped and colored balloons. Again, the illustrations were fun and amazing and the book was fun to read overall! Here’s a little preview of this amazing children’s book: “The Boston Balloonies Float all over town, And they whirl and they twirl And they bounce up and down.” “They play banjos and bongos and oboes and flutes, And the one who plays trumpet swells up when he toots. There’s a beautiful singer who hollers and hoots, And some back-up balloonies with fabulous boots.” This book retails for $14.95.
The Cods of Cape Cod was another fun book that my boys and I enjoyed reading. You’ll have fun reading about the Cods of Cape Cod and all the fun they have together and with their friends. The pictures were again amazing. The illustrator for these books really did a great job! I just can’t emphasize it enough. You can check out his Art Blog for more art updates. Here’s a little preview: “The Cods never know Who they’ll see by the sea ‘Cause their friends come to visit Whenver they’re free . . .” “. . .They come to the Cods ‘Cause they want to have fun And when fun’s what you want, Cods are second to none.” This book retails for $14.95.
Thanks to Shankman & O’Neill, 3 lucky readers on The Mommy-Files will receive 1 of the 3 mentioned books – I Met a Moose in Maine One Day, The Boston Balloonies, and The Cods of Cape Cod!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Tell me in a comment which book sounds the most interesting to you?
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs – 1 ENTRY
– Vote for The Mommy-Files for the “Love This Site Award” – 1 ENTRY
– Follow The Mommy-Files on Twitter – 1 ENTRY
– Follow Shankman & O’Neill on Twitter (@shankmanoneill) – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a Fan of The Mommy-Files on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Become a Fan of Shankman & O’Neill on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Holiday Gift Guide button to your blog – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post on The Mommy-Files – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Monday, December 14th, 2009! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. residents only.
For more Holiday Gift Ideas, visit Rockin’ Mama.
I received a copy of “I Met a Moose In Maine One Day,” “The Boston Balloonies,” and “Cods from Cape Cod” from Shankman-O’Neill to review for this post. All opinions expressed in this post are my own.