Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Soup
I looked all over online for a good soup recipe and didn’t have too much luck. So, I combined a few recipes and added a few extra ingredients here and there and came up with a super yummy Leftover Turkey Soup Recipe!
-2 tbsp butter
– 1 small onion, chopped
– 2 stalks celery, chopped
– 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
– 12 baby carrots, chopped
– 64 oz chicken broth (start with 32 oz and slowly add broth as needed)
– 1/2 cup barley, uncooked
– 3 cups of leftover turkey meat, shredded
– 2 1/2 tbsp Poultry Seasoning
– 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained
– 2 tbsp turkey drippings
Melt butter and saute onions, celery, and garlic. Add chicken broth. Add chopped carrots, barley, and turkey meat. Add Poultry Seasoning. Stir and boil for 10 minutes. Add canned tomatoes and turkey drippings. Simmer for 45 minutes. Serve warm with french bread.