Bumbleride Indie Stroller Review & Giveaway
I had the awesome opportunity of working with Bumbleride and reviewed the Indie Stroller in Lava! I really loved the color of Lava – black and charcoal – and it was a great fit for my family of 3 boys! The Stroller was shipped to me quickly and was packaged well – preventing damage to the stroller during transit.
I waited to open the box until my husband got home, since he is the pro in our family at putting things together. There were more pieces to attach than I thought there would be, but the directions were helpful and came in handy. The stroller came with an air pump to fill up the tires to the perfect level, which also came in handy.
Once the stroller was put together, I was excited to go for a stroll around the block! There are many things I love about the Bumbleride Indie Stroller! I love the front swivel wheel, making it easy for me to turn the stroller around or quickly change directions. I also like the fact that you can lock the front wheel in place – perfect for brisk walks. I also loved the amount of storage space in the basket underneath – the amount it held and the openness (perfect for storing a diaper bag and jackets). The pocket on the canopy came in handy for carrying my keys, cell phone, and camera!
The ride with the Bumbleride Indie was a smooth one and even put my 18 month old son to sleep. I like that the extended canopy pulls over the front so that you can block the sun from your little one and prevent unnecessary sunburns. You can zip off the back of the canopy for extra air flow to your child during the warmer months. You can also secure the backrest of the seat with the easy slide backrest adjuster, placing the backrest into a flat position for your sleeping child. The multi-adjustable footrest comes in handy, as does the brake for the rear wheels. You can use the Indie with your infant car seat, making it easy to use this stroller for your child from infancy to toddlerhood. I also LOVED the handle and clips to lock it into place, making it super easy to put into your trunk when you’re on the go with little ones! Plus, the fact that it was lightweight is a selling point for any parent looking for a stroller.
Standard accessories include a rain cover, air pump, jogging strap, cup holder, headrest and shoulder pads, and infant seat adapter bar and safety belt.
Optional accessories available for the Bumbleride Indie Stroller include a Snackpack, Carrycot, Jampack, Car Seat Cover, Footmuff & Liner, and Travel Bag. We received the Snack Pack, which is awesome for snacks and drinks for your little one and it comes with a waterproof lining, making clean-up quick and easy.
There are a few things I hope to see on the next release of this model. First, I liked the one-push harness system, but would love to see a sternum strap in the future. I would also like to see a sippy cup holder where the child sits, perhaps a pocket or mesh material. The other thing I would like to see is an improvement in the multi-adjustable handle. My handle was fairly sticky and challenging to move when I first tried adjusting it. However, as I moved it around more, the stickiness wore off.
The Mommy-Files gives the Bumbleride Indie Stroller an overall rating of VERY GOOD.
Thanks to Bumbleride, 1 lucky reader on The Mommy-Files will win his or her very own Bumbleride Indie Stroller!!!
WIN IT!!! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Visit Bumbleride and tell me what your favorite feature of the Indie is and what color is your favorite.
– Vote for The Mommy-Files on Top Mommy Blogs – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me on Twitter (themommyfiles) – 1 ENTRY
– Follow Bumbleride on Twitter (@_Bumbleride) – 1 ENTRY
– Tweet about the giveaway – 1 ENTRY DAILY
– Become a fan of Bumbleride on Facebook – 1 ENTRY
– Follow me through Google Connect (new on the right side of the blog) – 1 ENTRY
– Subscribe to my blog – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Mommy-Files button to your blog and include the URL – 1 ENTRY
– Add my Holiday Gift Guide button to your blog – 1 ENTRY
– Comment on any Non-Giveaway post – 1 ENTRY per post comment (no limit)
– Blog about this giveaway and include the URL – 5 ENTRIES
– Add The Mommy-Files’ Bumbleride Contest Button (found on the sidebar) – 1 ENTRY
– Contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on November 25th, 2009! Any entries after this time will be deleted!
– Contest open to U.S. and Canada residents only.
I received an Indie Stroller from Bumbleride to keep so that I could share my honest opinion of the stroller in this post!