Johnsonville Review and Giveaway
I love breakfast time (even it’s really dinnertime)! With the kids out of school, I have more time in the mornings to make bigger breakfasts – such as eggs, sausage, and orange juice instead of cereal. I was thrilled to have the opportunity to review some great products from Johnsonville. I received Johnsonville Breakfast Sausages (in Original, Vermont Maple Syrup, Brown Sugar, and Wisconsin Cheddar). I also received Brats (the Original Bratwurst), as well as Mild Italian Sausage.
In my family, we love breakfast and so this was a real treat to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (on separate days of course). My favorites were the Maple flavored and Cheddar Cheese Sausage links (all were great though). My oldest son at one point asked me if we could have sausage every day! I think he really liked them as well. I cooked up about a package worth of sausage for 4 people and the plate holding the sausage was usually empty by the end of the meal.
I also got to experience eating Bratwurst for the first time. I was familiar with the name, but had never eaten them before. One Sunday, my hubby fired up the barbecue and we all had Brats for dinner. I couldn’t believe how yummy they were! I was willing to eat another one, but there were none left. We’ll definitely be having these again in the future!
I also received Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage. Before I received this, I was a fan of Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage. I love to cook it up and eat in Spaghetti Sauce or Zupa Tocana Soup. It so flavorful and delicious! Definitely a family favorite! I loved working with Johnsonville and know that you will love their products!
Here are some yummy recipes you’ll love to try!
– One 11 x 9 x 2 3/8 inch aluminum foil baking pan
– 2 – 3 beers
– 2 Tbsp. butter
– 1 medium yellow or white onion, sliced
Put the pan right on the grill, careful not to singe your knuckle hair, pour in the beers and add the butter and onions. Then grill your Johnsonville Brats to a juicy, golden-brown perfection. Serve immediately to your hungry guests and place any remaining brats into the steaming hot tub. When folks are ready for seconds or thirds—or when stragglers show up late—grab a Johnsonville Brat out of the hot tub and enjoy!
Submitted by The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
– 2 packages (12 oz each) Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage Links
– 9 eggs
– 3 cups milk
– 1 1/2 tsp ground mustard
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp pepper
– 2 pkgs (20 oz each) refrigerated shredded hash browns
– 2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
– 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
– 2 cups salsa or picante sauce, optional
Place sausage on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, turning once; drain and slice into 1/4-in. coins. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add the hash browns, sausage, cheese, sweet red pepper, and green onions; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in x 9-in x 2-in baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 65-70 minutes or until set and golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa or picante sauce if desired.
Yield: 12-15 servings.
Johnsonville has very generously offered to provide a giveaway for 10 lucky readers on the Mommy-Files!!
– 5 winners will receive coupons for a free package of Italian Sausage and a free package of Johnsonville Brats.
– 5 winners will receive coupons for one of each variety of the Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage Links.
WIN IT! (MANDATORY ENTRY – Must do this or you are disqualified)
– Visit CreateYourOwnVille.com and create your own “____Ville” by uploading a photo. The creator of the “____Ville” chosen as the grand prize winner will receive $10,000 and have their “____Ville” featured in a real Johnsonville ad! – 5 entries
– Tell me in a comment why you want to win – 1 entry
– Please leave your email address in your comment so I can contact you if you win the giveaway.
– Winners must respond within 48 hours of email notification or another winner will be chosen.
– Open to US Residents!