Swanson Broth Review & Giveaway
I love to make Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup during the winter months (and on rainy days). When I do make it, I use Swanson Chicken Broth. I’ve used the store brands before, but I find that there is so much more flavor in the Swanson brand!
I had the opportunity to review some Swanson broths recently. I received both the Swanson Chicken Broth and the Chicken Stock. They are great to use in soups, rice, and other recipes! This broth has 1/3 less sodium than regular Swanson Chicken Broth and is 100% fat free! Recently, Good Housekeeping Magazine ranked Swanson Natural Goodness Chicken Broth number one in a taste test of 15 reduced sodium stocks and broths.
The experts at Campbell’s Kitchen have highlighted the great taste of Swanson Natural Goodness Chicken Broth in some great recipes. Here are a few yummy recipes to try!
1 can (14 oz) Swanson Natural Goodness Chicken Broth
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
5 cups cut-up fresh vegetables (broccoli flowerets, cauliflowerets, baby carrots, and sliced celery)
2 tsp. grated fresh ginger root or 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
1. Stir broth, cornstarch, and soy sauce in small bowl until mixture is smooth.
2. Heat oil in 10″ skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetables, ginger, and garlic and stir-fry until vegetables are tender-crisp.
3. Add broth mixture to skillet. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Sprinkle vegetabl mixture with sesame seeds, if desired.
Broth Simmered Rice
1 3/4 cups Swanson Natural Goodness Chicken Broth
3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
1. Heat the broth in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
2. Stir in the rice. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
Florentine Simmered Rice
Add 1 tsp. dried Italian Seasoning to broth.
Add 1 cup chopped spinach with rice. Stir in 1/2 cup grated Parmesant cheese before serving. Serve with additional cheese.
Swanson has generously offered to give 5 lucky readers 3 FREE coupons each (good for one FREE Swanson broth or stock up to $3.29 value) – note: there is no cash value!
WIN IT! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Visit Swanson and tell me in a comment which recipe you’d love to try!
– Winners must respond within 48 hours of email notification or another winner will be chosen.
– Open to US Residents!