I was introduced to a great book for children called 20 Easy Ways to Help Save the Earth by Coach Pedro Rita. It is a wonderful children’s book that teaches children about environmental awareness and some of the little things they can do to protect the Earth. The book is written in both English and Spanish – English on one side and Spanish on the other. I love that the ideas are simple and easy for children to do. Some of the ideas include turning off the water when you aren’t using it, planting trees or flowers to help the climate, or collecting rainwater to water your plants. This is a great book to own for yourself and your children!
“I made a team rule that we were not to leave any trash behind,” explains Coach Pedro, who noticed the soccer fields littered with trash. “It’s all about doing those little things that make a huge impact on the environment.” “We have found that children are very influential,” Coach Pedro says. “There’s a tendency for children to learn a behavior and in turn teach their family.” You can buy 20 Easy Ways to Help Save the Earth online for $12.10.
Thanks to Phenix & Phenix Publishing, 1 lucky reader from The Mommy-Files will win a copy of 20 Easy Ways to Help Save the Earth.
WIN IT! (MANDATORY ENTRY)
– Visit Coach Pedro Rita’s site
and tell me in a comment another book he has written or an interesting fact about him.
– Follow my blog (or tell me you already follow) – 1 entry
– Subscribe to my blog (or tell me you already subscribe) – 1 entry
– Follow me on Twitter (themommyfiles) and tweet about the contest – 1 entry
– Add the new Mommy-Files button – 1 entry
– Blog about the giveaway – 3 entries- Favorite me on Technorati
– 1 entry
– Tell me what you do to help save the Earth – 1 entry
– Giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on Monday, June 22nd, 2009 and the winner will be announced on this blog on Tuesday, June 23rd (as well as emailed).**IF YOU SUBMIT A COMMENT AFTER 11:59 PM ON MONDAY, JUNE 22ND, IT WILL BE DELETED**
– Please leave your email address in your comment so I can contact you if you win the giveaway.
– Winners must respond within 48 hours of email notification or another winner will be chosen.
– Open to US residents.
Shannon Gurnee is the author of RedheadMom formerly "The Mommy-Files", a national blog with a loyal following. She has a Bachelor's Degree in Marriage, Family, and Human Development with a Minor in Business Management. Shannon and her husband, Frank, have a large family with 6 awesome kids and love living on the Central Coast near San Luis Obispo, California, as well as traveling around the world. A full-time Social Media and Professional Blogger, Shannon also serves as a National Brand Ambassador for many well-known companies. Her blog focuses on motherhood, family fun activities, traveling, fashion, beauty, technology, wedding ideas and recipes while providing professional opinions on products, performances, restaurants, and a variety of businesses.
Leave a Reply