HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!
Today, I turned 30 years old! A whole new decade of adventures to come! Last night was my last night to be in my twenties.
I don’t feel older, however, I do believe that the number of gray hairs appearing my head more than tripled in the last week!
It’s hard to believe that 10 years ago, I was going to a junior college in California and was dating my husband (engaged to be married in November of that year).
10 Things I Can Do Now That I Couldn’t Do Ten Years Ago:
1) I can talk on the phone, cook dinner, and hold a crying child while scolding my older children all at the same time.
2) I can change a baby’s diaper while on my lap in a parking lot.
3) I can cook some pretty mean dishes!
4) I can balance my checkbook and never go over on my checking account (knock on wood).
5) I can pack up a house in a week for a move to a new house, while pregnant and taking care of my other children.
6) I can lift things I couldn’t lift 10 years ago (thanks to all of the lifting and carrying of my kids 🙂 as well as all of the moving).
7) I can wake up at 6:00 a.m. without having someone threatening to poor cold water on me if I don’t get out of bed (that would be my parents who said that).
8) I can drive a stick-shift.
9) I can throw a successful birthday party for a child (planning and monitoring the party by myelf).
10) I can say I am now a 30 year old and am happy with my life 🙂
Thanks for all of my wonderful readers and the great support you give me on The Mommy-Files! Have a Happy Thursday!