DVD REVIEW & GIVEAWAY – Enchanted April
I had the opportunity to watch a wonderful and romantic movie called “Enchanted April.” I wasn’t sure what to expect from it, as I hadn’t seen any previews of it, but I was very pleased with what I saw! I left with a good feeling – a feeling of peace and happiness!
“Enchanted April” has a wonderful cast, including Josie Lawrence (“Eastenders”) and Miranda Richardson (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire), Joan Plowright (The Spiderwick Chronicles), Polly Walker (“Cane”), Alfred Molina (Spiderman 2) and Oscar-winner Jim Broadbent (Best Supporting Actor, Iris, 2001).
The film is about two proper women from England, Rose Arbuthnot and Lottie Wilkins, who want to escape everyday life and their inattentive husbands. They see an ad in the newspaper describing a wonderful castle in the countryside of the Italian Riviera. They end up sharing expenses with two other women, also looking to escape to a piece of serenity to think about life. The other women are a bitter old widow and a charming, bored aristocrat. The four women grow and learn about one another, as well as the relationships they have in life!
I’m not going to tell you the ending, but let’s just say I was very happy with the way it ended! If only there were a place like that in real life that I could visit?
“Enchanted April” also includes a bonus feature – a feature commentary with director Mike Newell and producer Ann Scott, as well as sneak peaks of more movies coming out soon.
RELEASE DATE: May 5, 2009
Pricing: DVD US: $29.99 SRP
Feature run time: 95 minutes
Rated: US: PG
Technical specifications may only apply to feature
Aspect ratio: Widescreen (2.35:1) Aspect ratio – Enhanced for 16X9 Televisions
Sound: English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Languages: Spanish and French Subtitles
One lucky reader will win a copy of the wonderful DVD “Enchanted April” on The Mommy-Files.
– Tell me in a comment why you want to win this DVD!
– Follow my blog (or tell me you already follow) – 1 entry
– Subscribe to my blog (or tell me you already subscribe) – 1 entry
– Subscribe to my blog via email (or tell me you already subscribe) – 1 entry
– Add my button (or tell me you already have it) – 1 entry
– Favorite me on Technorati – 1 entry
– Follow me on Twitter (themommyfiles) and “tweet” about the giveaway – 2 entries
– Blog about the giveaway and leave me a link – 2 entries
– Tell me in a comment about a place you love to go to “get away” from everyday life – 1 entry
– Giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on Sunday, May 17th, 2009 and the winner will be announced on this blog on Monday, May 18th (as well as emailed). **IF YOU SUBMIT A COMMENT AFTER 11:59 PM ON SUNDAY, MAY 17TH, IT WILL BE DELETED**
– Please leave your email address in your comment so I can contact you if you win the giveaway.
– Winners must respond by Wednesday, May 20th or another winner will be chosen.
– Open to US residents only.