DVD REVIEW & GIVEAWAY – A Plumm Summer
I was excited to have the opportunity to review a wonderful family movie called “A Plumm Summer,” which has seals of approval from the Dove Foundation and the Parents Television Council. I watched the DVD with my boys and we all enjoyed it!
“A Plumm Summer” is based on a true story. It takes place in a small town, where a television celebrity puppet named Froggie Doo is “frog-napped.” Two brothers, Elliott and Rocky Plumm, and their new neighbor, Haley, make it their summer focus to find out who took Froggie-Doo. The kids and the FBI are determined to find the frognappers. The search for the missing puppet helps to mend family relationships and build new relationships. I love the little boy Rocky. He was too cute for words! I could empathize with the characters and was pleased with the ending of the movie! It was one I would watch again and am happy to own!
The movie stars Henry Winkler (Click), William Baldwin (Forgetting Sarah Marshall), and Lisa Guerrero (“Sunset Beach”). The story is narrated by Jeff Daniels (The Squid and The Whale).
The DVD is packed with special features, including:
– Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Caroline Zelder and Writer/Producer Frank Antonelli
– Gag Reel
– Deleted Scenes
– Behind-the-Scenes Music Video
– Behind-the-Scenes Featurette on the Red Carpet
– Theatrical Trailer
“A Plumm Summer” DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 tvs with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround.
Release Date: May 5, 2009
Pricing: $24.99 U.S./$29.99 Canada
Runtime: 101 minutes
U.S. Rating: PG for thematic elements and some mild rude language
Canadian Rating: PG for mature theme
2 lucky readers will have the opportunity to win a copy of “A Plumm Summer” on DVD!
– Tell me in a comment why you want to win the DVD.
– Follow my blog (or tell me you already follow) – 1 entry
– Subscribe to my blog (or tell me you already subscribe) – 1 entry
– Add my button (or tell me you already have it) – 1 entry
– Favorite me on Technorati – 1 entry
– Follow me on Twitter (themommyfiles) and “tweet” about the giveaway – 2 entries
– Blog about the giveaway and leave me a link – 2 entries
– Giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on Monday, May 11th, 2009 and the winner will be announced on this blog on Tuesday, May 12th (as well as emailed).
– Please leave your email address in your comment so I can contact you if you win the giveaway.
– Winners must respond by Thursday, May 14th or another winner will be chosen.
– Open to US residents.
Clip- Happy Herb is going over a safety tip with Froggy Doo
object width=”520″ height=”325″>
Leave a Reply